Spartans Home

TGIF BF3

EMT~SPARTA~

Battlefield 3 tonight ladies! Stay up as long as we can.

I vote we play on our servers, small conquest maps. I believe it is more fun that way. If ur down to play, please post something. This way we can all agree on not using stuff that annoys all of us. IE Mortors...

You don't like mortars, and I don't like silencers on assault weapons. So I say we spend 6 hours with nothing but knives and handguns, no vehicles, while in crouch only on Caspian Border map. Meet you on hilltop in 15 minutes after spawn.

Seriously tho - I'm up for it tonight. Manage the map, if you've unlocked it you can use it.

Noob tubing with us is different than with 64 people servers. I use it for the snipers. And to get into walled areas. You sir do not get my vote.

It's us. Not them. We always have fun when its all of us with each other. I like that no one gets angry when a team wins/loses.

Sadly, I cannot participate tonight, but will be playing this afternoon. Wife and I are going out to celebrate (belatedly) my 49th. So I am taking the afternoon to play and tonight will be bar hopping at International Mall in Tampa and staying overnight at the Marriott there so that we can just walk to and from within 500 meters to all bars and hotel.

One note though. I think it is great that not only is there little to no grumbling when it is in house play for our community, but they are also usually very tight matches.

Well done Greater Spartan Community!

I agree EMT. Perhaps I should elaborate on my definition of "noob tubeing". I'm not referring to the use of the weapon, but how it's used. Use them for hardened targets and snipers you're not likely to hit with an AR. If it's one of you and six of them and you're out of frags... yeah, use it. Don't use them against a single opponent carrying nothing more than an AR. That is all I meant.

I am in! around what time ?

Mortars sqeezed my balls hardly yesterday while I was playing on the market map. I guess is a "tactic", however we were hammered by mortars while spawning at the central alley.

I tried to suggest to spawn in base (due to the fact the alley was then the only flag we had), for some reason no one in my team used those 2 neurins in their brain and we died like ants smashed by an elephant...

Bah, probably mortars were not the culprit, but the human stupidity was....

However, seriously.. mortars in CQB maps, with density of 64 players.... do they make any sense? Who knows why most of the time is FF off....

Let s play Sparta kind :) i promise i will not swear in Italian, ok ?

LOL sorry for the rape with Mortars last nite seems like the only way i can get a kill anymore. beside the every now an then knife kill. Ya ill try and get mah Communications back up for nanite

I tried to play, but the lag and rubber-banding was so bad that the game was unplayable. For example, the lag placed me back at spawn after I had already driven a vehicle over 50m outside of the deployment zone. And that was with only 6 people on the server, myself included.

Was this on one of our servers Fatal? I've played both our US and UK servers and I've never seen anything as bad as that, I don't actually see much difference between either of our servers.

Was this on one of our servers Fatal? I've played both our US and UK servers and I've never seen anything as bad as that, I don't actually see much difference between either of our servers.

So far, since release I've only had one session where I experienced lag & rubber-banding. That was an evening last week when I joined JHunter, Gunny, Shawtgun and a few others on a random US server. Happened for maybe 2 rounds then settled. Given my average spec I'd expected more but can't help but be impressed with the optimisation and performance.

On a side note, I installed BF3 on my laptop this weekend, a dual core @ 2.1ghz, 4gb RAM and an 8600GT M graphics chip. It runs but even at the lowest settings, lags like a biatch! Shame, would have been good to be mobile & playing.

This was on the US server. I did play a bit on the UK server one day and that session ran well. That game started with just a handful of people; I remember Sarrok, Dai, and Watchy were there, along with myself. Within perhaps 30 minutes there were as many as 24 people playing. I'll give it another go on the US server soon.