Spartans Home

Stupid @*!^#$ screen flash

I've updated with the most current AMD release (10/31), and CAP 4, but my blasted machine still flashes the BF3 screen whenever I attempt a fullscreen display. By flash I mean a full blank and refresh of the screen at about a 1-sec period. I've tried setting the screen to a few different resolutions in the BF3 video settings to no luck. No, once it did work at 1440x900@75hz, but I can't get it to repeat.

I've been playing in windowed mode since the release and it's getting really, really old.

Any other suggestions? I haven't looked in-depth, but a cursory google shows others with similar problems in the obnoxious yahoo questions and the rest.

This isn't the green flickering in game, it's a whole monitor off-on-off-on flash that does not stop until I un-accept the full-screen selection. Later I'll get a blackberry video and post.

I'd like to try a different monitor just to see. I think I have an older tube 19" in the basement.

hey my man, I guess I missed the beginning of your issue on some other post.

To try to have an idea of what s going on, I need to know:

MB brand and model

CPU brand and model

GPU brand and model

Monitor brand and model

operating system you are using

I get for granted you got the latest 11.10 catalysts. Is BF3 the only game is giving you an issue? no other graphic issues on any other application/game whatsoever?

Did you try to uninstall and reinstall BF3, cleaning your registry in between (using CCleaner possibly)?

Please post the above info and we ll go from there

How do you get it in windowed mode?

This might solve my problem.

Within the game goto graphic settings and switch Fullscreen to off

Best of luck bud

Within the game goto graphic settings and switch Fullscreen to off

Best of luck bud

*Sigh*

This would work if I could get into the &%^$%%$&ing game.

I'm asking for a refund, and getting COD.

The green flashing is a common issue, I don t know what is due to. I am lucky. I had it only a couple of times.

Most probably it will be fixed with some sort of patch.

Ebden issue is a serious issue instead. That flickering is something you experience when the resolution is not supported, but obviuosly that is not the problem.

However Ebden, you do not answer my questions about your hardware and unfortunally I had to RMA my Crystal Ball so.. can t help :)

The green flashes that all of us experience from time to time is a diver issue. That's on Nvidia/ATI to fix. It's far less frequent and annoying than in beta, but still kinda sucky to see in the final game. I've seen far more debilitating graphical errors before, but hopefully it gets fixed soon. As for the full monitor on/off thing, I have no idea. Like somebody mentioned earlier, sounds like a refresh rate issue. Have you tried settting it to 60Hz or something lower than 75?

And if you think CoD is going to be any better, you're only fooling yourself man, lol. Black Ops was nigh unplayable until 4 patches after release. I don't expect any better out of MW3, especially on PC which is going to be a generally disregarded platform for them anyway.

MB brand and model

CPU brand and model

GPU brand and model

Monitor brand and model

operating system you are using

I get for granted you got the latest 11.10 catalysts. Is BF3 the only game is giving you an issue? no other graphic issues on any other application/game whatsoever?

Did you try to uninstall and reinstall BF3, cleaning your registry in between (using CCleaner possibly)?

Finally remembered to get on this-busy cleaning and cooking tonight (yes, I run an equal opportunity household. I'm also the only one here)

· W7x64 Home Premium

· Q9650 intel

· MSI-HD5700 AMD

· GA-EP45-UD3L v1.0 mobo

Monitor is a Samsung2043SNX

Good news and bad news...

As you can see here:

http://battlefield3forums.com/showthread.php?3779-Fullscreen-problems-(flickering)

This is a common problem with no solution yet. Users are mostly having that issue with 5700 series, either CF or not.

Good news is there is nothing wrong with your PC, so do not mess around with drivers and settings because you just risk to screw other games working perfectly fine

Bad news is you will have to wait for a patch to BF3 to solve that. It may be an ATI driver solution but honestly I do not think so. It was working fine in Beta, so there is nothing wrong with Drivers.

Most probably DICE screwed some setting on final and there is not much you can do about it.

That sucks big time man.... I feel your pain.

I only get the flickering on Seine Crossing and it rarely happens. Matter of fact, it maybe happens once or twice a game and I'm thinking it only happens when I am near foliage or trees.

Core i7 930 OC to 4.09

Gigabyte X58A UD5 series mobo ( ithink can remember off top of my head.

12 Gig Corsair RAM

2x GTX 470 @ stock config. SLI on with latest nvidia drivers.