Spartans Home

New MechWarrior game inbound

Sarrok

• 2 months later...

Actually i would suggest to wait to better see the perks on being House related regiments.

Although "merc" sounds cool, I read somewhere they have some solid limits to evolve withing the Universe because they are not related to any House, therefore they do not have direct perks the House may offer.

I am not saying is bad.. I m just saying we may want to see what is good to be related to a House. Most probably it comes with better technology, provided by the House itself ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Just read latest dev post, It seems to me they are hinting at a late spring early summer release

[Kevin] My favourite BattleMechs are the ones that don't look extremely humanoid, and to me you can't get much more iconic than the Timber Wolf. Sadly the clans are many years off in the timeline [Ed: About 6 months actually, but who?s counting?], and our actual 'Mech Artists are pumping out absolutely stunning work - so the chances me being able to model it are slim to none.

from reading the new blog I get the feeling we get a few weeks maybe a month with just IS mechs b4 the clan invasion.....

Yes, I was rading the same.. and i guess that is the sense.

About a possible release, really I don t see any clue about it.

However the job they are doing is impressive. Actually is afree game but for this kind of engagement i really wouldn t mind to pay a full tag for it, which I will probably d anyway, possibly buying some stuff, at least as a support to the Devs.

I really can t wait. if this comes out an half good as it looks like, this is gonna be my major game for long time!

I really hope we can raise a Sparta platoon with some consistency.

The guys involved in WoT with the CW are excited because CW makes sense. I was used to the Planetary Invasion and an ongoing Universe war when I was part of NBT. If this game is able to keep the same engagement and role playing factor, I really hope the WoT guys will be part of this !!!!

batwing has "jizzed in his pants" haji

Ya know, I may be wrong here but as an experienced MechWarrior I doubt that game excited him too much.

Don't get me wrong, it looks cool and I would probably play it as an FPS but it's not MechWarrior. It's too fast and frantic, there is no feeling of being in a huge Mech. Half the fun in MW was knowing you were going to get hit and making sure you could weather the storm and come out fighting. Planning and the right loadout in the Mechbay were key to MW. A wrong choice there (before the battle even began) could lose you the whole planet.

I (as has Batwing no doubt) taken part in league battles where the only two Mechs left were a Long Range Missile Boat against an up close Brawler. Whether you were either of those Mechs, or one of the dead spectating, it was hugely enjoyable, almost like a game of chess, watching the Brawler manoeuvring to get in close and finish the fight while the Missile Boat tried to stay at range and pound the s*&^ out of the other guy.

Ahhh... those were the days.

BTW Batwing, BANZAI are all in, registered and raring to go, so if you find yourself looking for a home come release then there's a place at the bar for ya :thumbsup_anim:

Great News Dai! I will keep Banzai in mind for sure :)

About Hawken, yeah.. I saw that video a while ago :) As Dai said, yes... it may be interesting but is way too "Action - Anime".

In hawken it seems you have only 2 weapons (possibly custom configs) but that means the nature of the "war machine" is basically an Ultra Light Mech.... Long story short, no i didn t "jizzed" for it :)

I loved Mechwarrior but what took me involved was the Ongoing Universe. NBT made something EPIC creating the Dynamic War. That was a time when WoW didn t even existed yet.

As I said many times, I do not like any form of Team DeathMatch in any game. Ironically MW was only TDM. The War and Planetary assaults, the Economy, the scarceness of resources was what made MW unique playing on NBT.

The idea MWO is going to give a revamped engine, new destructable environemnt and out of the box The Universe you need to give a sense to the battle you will partecipate in, now that get me "jizzing" all over the place ! ;)

The only reason why NBT declined is because in the ethernal attempt to modify and do something "better", they got into the Hard Core Mech mode.

2 of my Teammates where the Lead programmers on that project. At first it was great because our idea was making MECHs difficult to pilot and shifting a bit to Sim side. Wit all the limits MW4 engine offered that was almost impossible but it came out decent. We played a great HC version for a while.

Then Phoenix Production (NBT Management) wanted to listen to a bunch of whiners who were way too much incline to the "fast combat" and the HC was modified in a way we really didn t like and we decided to leave that scenario.

I am so ready now for a new MW experience with the new PC tech we have now :)

• 2 weeks later...

Whoa, steady guys, the game is not the sort of game I would play but ANYTHING that increases the public awareness of MW and the chances of a release of MW5 is ok in my books.

Haji, that video is nearly 2 years old now and there is still no news on a release so I wouldn't hold your breath for it.

LOL.. Agree.. awareness about MW opportunities is good, but "fast action shooter style" for MW is not good advertising.

It reminds me of that aborration called MechAssault, I guess it was for Xbox...

If something like that comes out at the same time that MWO comes out, i am not sure it will add "awareness" or confusion to the table.

On the other end, being the complete opposite of what MWO should be, possibly that kind of arcade shooter could take the wrong "player profile" away from MWO, which is really a welcome solution as well :)