Spartans Home

BF3 - very disappointed :(

Lightspeed~SPARTA~

To say that this game is a disappointment is an understatement...it is everything I hate about a FPS.

I don't know why I thought it would be different this time - but the run'n'gun, die respawn, die and ranking do completely destroy what could have been a decent game.

I know a lot of you are enjoying so that's a good thing but I'm returning this game (lucky enough to get 7 day trial by EB Games in Australia - if you dont like it -return it for full refund.

I will wait for Arma 3.

ahh yes, I just installed bf3 on saturday and I begun the SP campaign and Im blown away by the detail and the sound they are amazing. I completely understand not liking run and gun, die, respawn because Im exactly the same way. I will complete the campaign to see where it takes me as far as the multi player aren't there levels where team play is required?? Like ya said ARMA 3 BABY!

Haven't touched the SP yet, might get there at some point. Can't disagree with Lighty's comments but find it easy to look beyond those and play it for what it is.

Still enjoying ARMA and looking forward to ARMA3.

Agreed. BF3 has never been and never will be an ARMA or OGR style game. To think that they will change it and turn it into a serious, tactical platform is kind of absurd given that those titles generally do not sell nearly as well as the twitch, run and gun titles. It would be stupid for them to change what they have done any more than they already have. Some changes have been very awesome and others, maybe a step backwards. It is a constant balancing act.

To those who would like BF3 graphics in an ARMA style shooter, you're in luck. ARMA 3 should be released next summer. Mid June if tradition means anything at BIS. Until then, you can play ARMA 2 or hell, fire up OGR or GRAW2 for some shooting.

Complaining about how 'run and gun' a decidedly 'run and gun' game is, serves no real purpose and gains no ground.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Complaining about how 'run and gun' a decidedly 'run and gun' game is, serves no real purpose and gains no ground.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Don't think he was complaining he seems to just be stating his frustration with the game makers deciding to cookie cut games now days instead of inovating.

Lightspeed I just so happen to be one of those who enjoys both sides of the fence however be thankful you got BF3 that requires a bit more teamplay than the COD series.

You could have the same kind of run n gun respawn garbage in ARMA, but you choose to play it differently. It is the same in any game, it is all about the people you play with that makes the game fun. Personally I really enjoy playing a support / medic role in a squad and try our best never to have a squad wipe during a game.

If that's what it takes to get ya back on TS with us Durka, I'll take one for the team and leave a mic open during one of my wife's tirades.

haha I've already heard Cy's wife and that was fun! I should be back once things settle down this winter and I can get a moment to breathe. Right now I'm posting on the way to another job. Ugh!

Good to hear you are working a bunch Durka!

Thanks! It's a little crazy around here. We did pretty well this year and took the kid to Disney world a few weeks ago. I was expecting a slow Fall so went then. Since the day I got back, I haven't had a chance to catch my breath.

Just wondering if you guys think most of Sparta will be playing this game in December, or if it's one of those flavor-of-the-month things. If I buy it, I probably won't be able to play it until then.

Thanks! It's a little crazy around here. We did pretty well this year and took the kid to Disney world a few weeks ago. I was expecting a slow Fall so went then. Since the day I got back, I haven't had a chance to catch my breath.

Just wondering if you guys think most of Sparta will be playing this game in December, or if it's one of those flavor-of-the-month things. If I buy it, I probably won't be able to play it until then.

I know that this is one of my main games right now. Since Diablo 3 was pushed back and ARMA 3 wont be out till next year, this is pretty much it. I may pick up Star Wars the Old republic to have a little more fun with that, but we'll see.

I see a lot of longevity with BF3. It will take a lot of time to unlock everything and earn all of the badges and ribbons. This differs greatly from Bad Company 2 which takes about 15-20 levels before you have everything unlocked. Basically, BF3 is meant to be a long term game and it shows. Back to Karkand map pack isn't even out yet.