Spartans Home

Battlefield 3 - ERRORS

NoScream~SPARTA~

dont use firefox yesterday it started to screw up and crash It wouldnt let me select on any of the buttons in the browser..switched back to IE everything is fine something with the last update messed it up..and today i had a black screen and it said the game stopped running IDK what to say about that..

well i have the next 3 days off i will work on it later.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, im not sure if this was mentioned but i had error's during map changes.

fixing it was disabling AV (not a fix, more of a work around)

disabling UPNP in router settings

and updating to latest BETA Nvidia Drivers

Drivers was the last thing i tried so will attempt with AV on and report findings.

edit - still doesn't work with Avast AV, have to disable :(

added BF3 folder to exceptions? iirc i had to do that with bad company 2

I've had the game working once since installing it yesterday. Launch the game and it just gets 2-3 seconds of sound a black screen then nothing. CTR-ALT-DEL to get task manager then "Battlefield has stopped working". FFS!!!!

Ok this week I put together my new build, After loading game I could not do much then Yesterday I found this after login to origin and used the repair link of which worked.

BF3repairpic.png

(Asus)

ok i read somewhere it was the Asus Gamer OSD program causing a problem.

I uninstalled that and no drops since.

I think i installed it with Asus Smartdoctor temp monitor. My GFX card is Nvidia 480 GTX ASUS

good luck, sorry to hear of your troubles T. :down:

Edited by Krambo

I ran the 'repair game' option, that Halli highlighted above. Managed 3 map changes last night in 3 different servers without getting the permanent black screen and the game locking up.

Early days but I'm taking it as a positive sign.

Wow, I have never had such an agonizing time trying to download and install a video game on my computer!

1. Download 14gb game from Direct2Drive

2. Hit "install" and find out that's just to get the Origin browser dohicky to come up

3. Now with it installed, I gotta download 11gb from Origin. Thankfully it didn't last very long

4. Now with the game installed, I can't go any further until I download 400mb of updates, which took almost 2hrs

5. Yay! Click on the game.....

6. Wait....

7. Oh! It doesn't open and now I gotta go through a browser to play a friggin game.

8. All's well. I open the campaign and this big movie I can't skip has me running from cops? Battlefield?

9. Screen goes blank, have to hard-restart

10. Get back to the game and after dying 10 times, realize my gun won't shoot. Search on the net says I gotta disable my joystick. Der.

11. Working well, and one of my only free nights, nobody's on lol. I go to another server and it's like an ADHD fantasyland. Total anarchy.

Conclusion: A few bugs here and there, hopefully Origin/Dice/Frostbyte/EA/hollyweird will fix, by the time I'm done, I'll be looking forward to Arma3 or GR8 lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Hit a new problem, for me anyway last night.

Couldn't join any servers what-so-ever, either joining into a random server or joining on a friend already playing. I either got "joining server" or "joining soldier" in the game manager box and it wouldn't move on: Left several attempts for 5+ minutes with no join.

Attempted to play Co-op but after disabling anti-virus & firewall (identified last week as a must, for me)games would still not launch. If hosting I get "game initializing", if joining it sits at "joining server". The friend trying to co-op with me reported the message as "waiting for host".

I even tried to start the campaign but that too just hangs at "game initializing", so no luck there. I assume that even the campaign therefore requires a connection to the servers, for validation?

Over the course of three hours I:

1. Repaired the BF3 install - twice

2. Rebooted PC - at least 3 times

3. Tried every combination of anti-virus & firwall in off/on states

4. Re-installed the BF3 plugin, as suggested by Cy, when he had a similar issue and doing this fixed his

5. Confirmed connection was okay by joining random ARMA servers without probs

6. Reset modem & router

I "chatted" to an EA support guy who after clarifying what was happening & what I had tried advised that there is a "random" issue where players are blanket blocked from the game and servers. He couldn't advise how long it lasted for but said a fix was part of the next patch, ETA unknown!

From a system point of view, in the last 48 hours all that has changed was the install of the latest 11.10 ATI drivers. Thought I had already installed but hadn't, so put them on on Friday. The game ran fine on Friday night and I had absolutely no lock-ups between map changes for a solid 5 hours. This was my only BF3 issue previously. Between Friday night and last night, absolutely no changes at all to the system or drivers.

I've tried joining this morning and tried to start the Campaign but with the same results. No BF3 on the weekend is not making me a happy bunny!

Anyone experienced this "random player blocking" or have any other suggestions on what to do???

Watchy - A few ideas and confirmations.

1). Recently when I was without Internet for 9 days, I played and completed the single player campaign.

2). Disable all sound sources. If you have on board sound disable it and if your using a USB sound device, unplug it. Try the game again with no audio.

3). Be sure to have IE9, Firefox and Chrome installed and try each of them.

4). Try and LAN proxy to Battlelog from another country.

I would execute items 2-4 one at a time to streamline your troubleshooting session. Please let us know the results of these configurations.

Disabled Windows Defender and Avast anti virus, then went through the following:

1. Ran through all of Haji's options, none worked.

2. Tried Halli's link and got no joy with that either.

3. Fired up my laptop and got straight into the first server I found, no problems but it lags too much to be useable - so problem with my desktop somehow.

4. Went back to desktop and launched BF2142 from Origin and got straight into a server, so obviously BF3 related rather than general PC setup.

5. Repaired the install again! Tried all three browsers but still no joy.

6. Attempted to try Dai's suggestion but couldn't find "desktop search" in the services list, so couldn't disable it.

7. Checked my DX install as I spotted a message after one failed launch that there was an issue. Dxdiag said all good but re-installed DX 11 anyway - still no joy

8. After about 2 hours of this I launched from IE9 and things started to look good, actually got to the point of "loading map" then got a windows error saying BF3 had a problem and stopped working.

9. Launched from Chrome and got into the BPR server, finished the round then had my old black screen lock-up bwtween the map changes.

10. Task-managed out of the game and went back to IE9 and got back into the BPR server, managed a map change without locking up :thumbsup_anim:

So, after all that I seem to be back to normal but with no fecking clue what was wrong or what fixed it. So maybe the EA guy was right and this is just some random BS! :wallbash:

Roll on the patch!!! :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse:

Oh, the campaign works too..............

Edited by Watchman~SPARTA~

Another Battlelog issue

I had read during development that the defibrillator in BF3 would perform exactly like the defib did in BF2. If a player is revived within 15 seconds after being incapacitated. the death is negated and the medic receives a onetime experience reward for the revive. (see pic#1 below from BF3BLOG.COM)

screenshot2011112101123.png

PIC#1

I love this system as it deters stat padding from kill/revive crowd and it eliminates bitching like "Hey you asshole! You just revived me to have me killed again and now there are multiple deaths against me". The only thing I am not sure about is if the enemy receives additional kill credits from a re-killed revived player. All this being said, I put the revive negating death theory to the test and here are the confusing and disappointing results.

After a fairly successful round in which I was sniped once and revived, I took a screen shot of the scoreboard and sure enough I was listed as zero deaths (See pic#2 below).

screenshot2011112100593.jpg

PIC#2

But when I looked at the Battle Report it lists me as having one death. (see pic#3 below)

screenshot2011112100571.jpg

PIC#3

This is rather disappointing because the system responsible for gathering and calculating my combat effectiveness sees it as a death but the game play does not. This kind of inconsistency begins to make one wonder.."I wonder how many OTHER things are negatively applied to my score card". I have forwarded this information to the DICE development team and put in a request for my life back.......literally and figuratively.

Well, as a few of you will have noticed tonight, I managed to get the game working by disabling the on board sound card, so whilst the game will run, I've no sound, so I need to buy a sound card.

Least it's working.