Spartans Home

Battlefield 3 - ERRORS

NoScream~SPARTA~

http://geekmontage.com/texts/battlefield-3-game-fixes-crashing-lagging-launch-failure-bf3/

Out of Memory Error

You may experience a game error after playing the game for a duration of time. An example error message:

DirectX function ?device->CreateTexture2D(&texDesc, desc.subResourceCount != 0 ? reinterpret_cast(desc.subResourcedata) :0, &texture->_texture2d)* failed with E_OUTOFMEMORY: Ran out of memory. GPU:?etc

This issue happens more commonly to users with older hardware or low memory hardware (GPU, RAM). The best thing to do would be to lower your graphics settings. This includes your resolution.

Another option that may help is to increase your VIRTUAL MEMORY. On Windows XP, you would right click ?My Computer? -> Properties -> Advanced tab -> ?Settings? button under ?Performance? -> Advanced tab -> ?Change? button under ?Virtual Memory?. While it sounds like it would be a great idea to make this as high as possible, it can have negative effects if you make it too high. Try increasing it little by little to see if it helps at all. Note that Virtual Disk space is used on the hard drive to assist RAM.

DirectX Error When Joining Room on Battlelog

An example error, such as the one below, has been occurring when people try to join server rooms.

DirectX function ?m_dxgiFactory -> CreateSwapchain( m_device, &sd, &m_swapChain.assignGet())? failed with DXGI_ERROR_INVALID_CALL: The application has made an erroneous API call that it had enough information to avboid. This error is intended to denote that the application should be altered to avoid the error. Use of the debug version of the DXGI.DLL will provide run-time debug output with further information. GPU?. driver: ?.

To try to fix this you?ll need to try a couple of things.

1) Update your video card drivers

2) Update your Direct-X

3) USUALLY installing the DirectX package that comes with the game ends up helping problems such as this one?Just FYI

4) Run the game in Windows XP compatibility mode if you are on Windows 7

BF3 Game Fails to Launch / Crashes to Desktop (C2D) or Black Screen

What?s more annoying than trying to play a new game?only to it has failed to launch or crashed? The above suggestions work well for combating this particular issue. In addition to those fixes, I also suggest to repair your game through Origin. Make sure to disable any applications / software that could prevent this from succeeding.

Battlefield 3 Lags or Stutters

If you are lagging or experiencing stuttering / jittering, then these tips work well to increase your frames per second.

1) Disable VSYNC! This will help you use get all the FPS you are capable of.

2) Lower your graphics settings (obvious, but needed to be said)

3) UPDATE your drivers! NVIDIA and ATI have released drivers recently that were specifically modified to help optimize performance in Battlefield 3. HOWEVER, it should be noted that there WAS a problem with the 285.62 drivers for NVIDIA. It causes stuttering! NVIDIA users should hold off until new drivers are available that will not further complicate your gameplay! NVIDIA is already working on a new patch though so by the time you read this it may not be an issue any longer.

4) To expand on tip #2, lowering your resolution can help significantly, as does lowering SHADOWS! This may also help if you experience corrupted shadows, which some builds have. Anti-Aliasing (AA) and

5) Disable 3D Vision

6) Patch your game (when available)

If you are playing on a slow, laggy server, then that is obviously the problem. Try another server.

Cannot Connect ? BF3 Port Information

Some people have ports disabled for security reasons, which is smart. You should learn from these people! Anyway, for the PC, the ports used for TCP and UDP are:

TCP: 80, 443, 9988, 20000-29999, 22990, 17502, 42127

UDP: 3659, 14000-14016, 22990-23006, 25200-25300

The Sony PlayStation 3, on the other hand, uses the following:

TCP: 80, 443, 9988, 10000-19999, 17502, 42127

UDP: 3659, 14000-14016

And the X360 uses?

TCP: 53, 88, 3074

UDP: 53, 88, 3074

Enable the ports that correspond to whatever means of playing the game you are using!

?Your account is not allowed to login?

Guys?be patient! This message will disappear soon so do not worry! Give it a bit of time, as depending on where you are from there is a time zone difference in the offical release date or official enable time.

Battlefield 3 Specact Kit Code Invalid / Redeemed Already

Contact DICE/EA Support about the problem. A lot of the time they actually will resolve it for you so it?s worth doing. Those who played Battlefield 2 had experienced this problem and had it resolved that way with great success. If you?re unlucky though, you may have to try to return the game to the store you got it from in order to get a new code.

Cannot Login Using ?Outdated? Web Browser

The best thing to do here is to simply install another browser. Internet Explorer (IE) users get this error sometimes and the best solution is to install Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome ? both of which you should have anyway. These two browsers will work perfectly.

No Game Sound / Audio / Music

First off, let?s start out by saying anyone with a 5.1 or 7.1 speaker setup needs to just try setting it from 7.1 -> 5.1 or 5.1 -> 2.1 and seeing if that works. A lot of the time?it does! Not ideal, but worth mentioning. Anywho, on to the other common solutions! These can even fix problems with headsets or gaming headphones.

- Load RUN and type in DXDIAG. Click the Sound tab. Find ?DirectX Features? and move hardware sound acceleration to ?no acceleration?.

- Or?Load Control Panel > Sounds & Audio Devices. Find ?Speaker Settings? > click ?Advanced? > Performance tab. Change Hardware Acceleration (FULL -> NONE) and SAMPLE RATE CONVERSION QUALITY (Best -> Good)

Battlefield 3 Download Going Slow / Origin Install Slow

Uninstall Origin if you played the beta! If you have an actual disc, then be patient. It?s taking the files from the disk and will not go any faster than it?s capable of.

Battlefield III Keybindings Broken

This is a common bug in the game ? they keybindings for the mouse or keyboard sometimes don?t register correctly OR will not unregister. A patch will likely fix this in the future. If you know of a way to fix the key bindings though, please let us know so we can share it with others, as this is an annoying bug! :)

Punkbuster Error ? ?You were kicked from the server by an administrator?

Update / allow Punkbuster to update. You may have outdated files or Punkbuster may not be configured correctly to work for your game. Alternatively, uninstall Punkbuster Services via the Control Panel, then repair your game to have Punkbuster reinstall. Do all this with your Antivirus and Firewall off, as well as Origin and BF3 closed.

Stuck On Initializing

Repair your game through Origin. This may make it no longer hang on the initializing phase. You may also want to disable things such as your firewall and antivirus.

Battlefield 3 System Requirements

Minimum Requirements:

Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or Althon X2 2.7 GHz

RAM: 2GB

Graphic card: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible Nvidia or AMD ATI card, ATI Radeon 3870 or higher, Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT or higher.

Graphics card memory: 512 MB

Sound card: DirectX compatibl sound card

Hard drive: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version

Recommended:

Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU

RAM: 4GB

Graphics card: DirectX 11 Nvidia or AMD ATI card, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 or ATI Radeon 6950.

Graphics card memory: 1 GB

Sound card: DirectX compatibl sound card

Hard drive: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version

Incoming search terms:

battlefield 3 stuttering

battlefield 3 sound lag

you were kicked from the server by an administrator bf3

battlefield 3 dxgi dll

battlefield 3 you were kicked from the server by an administrator

battlefield 3 sound stuttering

battlefield 3 audio lag

battlefield 3 stutter

bf3 you were kicked from the server by an administrator

dxgi dll battlefield 3

battlefield 3 crashes

battlefield 3 dxgi_error_invalid_call

battlefield 3 sound fix

you were kicked from the server by an administrator battlefield 3

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one problem I had was finally fixed: I could not use any of my unlocks.

From Rank 1 to Rank 13, I was stuck with the default loadouts for each kit. After each round, the game would show I unlocked such-and-such equipment, and my stats in Battlelog showed that I had unlocked equipment--I could just never select it in the "Customize" section of the game. Apparently a few other people had this issue.

The fix for the issue was simple: disabling cloud saves in the Origin client has resolved the issue. If anyone else has had this problem, I would recommend trying the same.

Sorry, didnt read the whole thing, but I couldnt help but notice this:

" On Windows XP, you would right click ?My Computer? -> Properties -> Advanced tab -> ?Settings? button under ?Performance? -> Advanced tab -> ?Change? button under ?Virtual Memory?. While it sounds like it would be a great idea to make this as high as possible, it can have negative effects if you make it too high. Try increasing it little by little to see if it helps at all. Note that Virtual Disk space is used on the hard drive to assist RAM"

In particular, the Windows XP part. XP is not supported for BF3. I'm sure its not all that different to get to the same settings in Win 7, I'm just nit-picky. XD

Manually updating Punkbuster *recommended*

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/news/view/2832654773952043053/

For players that are having problems with not being able to connect, you probably want to take a look at this post.

To Manually update your local PunkBuster Security Files, choose "Save As" from your Web Browser's "File" Menu and explore to find your game folder and the subfolder called "pb".

Save this file in that location (/pb/pbsec.htm or /pb/pbsecsv.htm). The next time you start your game, your PunkBuster will have the latest security information necessary to accept auto-updates from PB Servers.

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=dl-bf3.php [evenbalance.com]

Not an error but after taking all bloody night to download I figured I should just get the game started to make sure I didn't have a corrupt dl. Jumped into a server, ran around, made sure everything was fine.

And it was..... without having to use the product key anywhere, normal?

I've had the game working once since installing it yesterday. Launch the game and it just gets 2-3 seconds of sound a black screen then nothing. CTR-ALT-DEL to get task manager then "Battlefield has stopped working". FFS!!!!

I've had the game working once since installing it yesterday. Launch the game and it just gets 2-3 seconds of sound a black screen then nothing. CTR-ALT-DEL to get task manager then "Battlefield has stopped working". FFS!!!!

Mine does something simmilar when loading a new map. Not all the times just once in a while. Either it´s a black screen og a white screen

ok, im not sure if this was mentioned but i had error's during map changes.

fixing it was disabling AV (not a fix, more of a work around)

disabling UPNP in router settings

and updating to latest BETA Nvidia Drivers

Drivers was the last thing i tried so will attempt with AV on and report findings.

edit - still doesn't work with Avast AV, have to disable :(

Edited by Krambo

I have a ATI 4890 with the latest driver installed.

I've got a 4870 with the latest drivers installed. I've read something that it might be a problem with the Realtek HD audio drivers. TBH I've tried so many things that I've now forgotten what it was I did to get it working :down:

no problems here evrything is runnin smooth though i guess i should turn down the settings in game to much eye cand i cant focus on the playing field....LOL I updated everything with the new MOJO

Edited by GySgt~SPARTA~

I've just had enough. I've updated everything, reloaded BF3 4 times now. Quite frankly I'm at the point of sending the game back, i meet the specs required and it won't run.

Enoughs enough, I wasted a reasonable amount of cash and two days of my life.

EA, you can shove it.

T, I had almost reached the same point (ask anyone on TS).

I have a Nvidia 560ti and have a constant problem since the beta (funnily enough the alpha was fine).

Randomly I will get an audio stutter and then booted back to desktop with no error. BF3 is still running on the taskbar but I cant get back into the game and have to bring task manager up and end bf3.exe

This happens every time I run the game to the extent that I unlocked on Tuesday (using a US VPN) and still only reached Rank 2 (I cant count how many times I unlocked items or ranked up only to lose everything before the round ended) by Friday.

I don't work Fridays so I spent the entire day trying to fix the issue. This is what I have done so far.

4 different versions of Nvidia drivers (all including a full safe mode drive sweeper removal of the previous version in between installs).

Every possible combination of in-game Video and Audio settings.

Full repairs then reinstalls of BF3.

All exe's (bf3, Origin etc) are running as admin. I have also tried various compatibility modes and cpu affinities.

Tried Battlecom in Firefox, IE and Chrome.

I even dug out my old X-Fi Extreme Gamer soundcard (which caused me BSOD's a while ago) and reinstalled that incase it was an onboard sound issue.

And loads of stuff off the forums that I have probably forgotten I tried.

Nothing cures the crashes.

This doesn't happen in any other games ( I recently had a corrupt video issue when I installed Rage but this is a known issue and being patched) and all my temperatures (GPU and CPU) are fine.

I was finally able to play 3 rounds with no crashes last night by playing in Windowed mode (then I had to go eat) so will play again tonight to see if this works until they patch the damn thing.

Give it a try mate, takes a few mins to get used to having the top border but you soon forget about it.