Spartans Home

Looking into Australian LOSC BF3 Server Rental

Lightspeed~SPARTA~

Hi guys

I was thinking that if I can find server for a decent price from a reputable company hosting servers in Australia that I might set up a LOSC server here in Oz. Would be a good marketing tool to make Legion of Sparta a truly international gaming community. Would probably pick up a lot of Aussies & Kiwis and maybe a few other countries to the North.

Once Arma3 comes out, I would switch over to that and then on to Battlefield 4 and so on.

I would use the same configuration as MH6 has.

Wondering if 32-slots is enough for the bigger maps?

It's a bit of a catch 22 - some maps like Metro Rush are 32 only...so what happens? It boots out half the players?

Another thing I was reading up on but not sure if it's possible - apparently some players (who are donating for example) can get a higher priority so if they want to join a game they can jump straight into that server. I guess it must boot a player who has not donated. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Note: Initially, I would pay for the server running costs and if the option is there to give priority to donators then I could reduce my costs over time.

Lighty.