Spartans Home

ARMA: Cold War Assault and ARMA X: Anniversary Edition

MedicSN6

It seems that a couple months ago Bohemia Interactive (Thanks Rooster) re-released the Original Operation Flashpoint under the name ARMA: Cold War Assault.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/65790/

They also packaged everything ARMA related into an Anniversary pack.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/8696/

Sorry if this is a repost, but it is worth getting the news out there if people are interested.

Edited by Medic~SPARTA~

I always get confused with this "rebranding" stuff.

So what is what and what I do already own ??

I have no Steam ARMA 2 stuff, but I have Arma2, Arma2 Combined Operations (which was a confusing rebranding and I guess I bought Arma2 twice with it), I have all of the other small expansions - BAF etc. -

So, Arma X Anniversary seems like all of what I already have.

Arma Cold War looking at the price seems like a small expansion? a New campaign? I do not have Operation Flashpoint, would it be nice to get this new thing ?

It's not a new thing per-se, it's the old "Operation: Flashpoint" game under the ArmA name.

It is rather confusing since the originals were published by Codemasters back in the day. They (Codemasters) still own the rights to the name "Operation: Flashpoint" but the original developers (Bohemia) moved on to create the ArmA series, which are the spiritual successors to the originals. Unlike Codemasters horribly failed attempt at making OPF an arcade shooter. All Bohemia did was change the name of the old games (which they still own, just not the trademark/name) and re-released them under the ArmA name.

Edited by Rooster90

I always get confused with this "rebranding" stuff.

So what is what and what I do already own ??

I have no Steam ARMA 2 stuff, but I have Arma2, Arma2 Combined Operations (which was a confusing rebranding and I guess I bought Arma2 twice with it), I have all of the other small expansions - BAF etc. -

So, Arma X Anniversary seems like all of what I already have.

Arma Cold War looking at the price seems like a small expansion? a New campaign? I do not have Operation Flashpoint, would it be nice to get this new thing ?

So in addition to the Arma 2 stuff you already own you get a copy of Operation Flashpoint (released under the new name of Arma: Cold War Assault), Armma (1) + Arma (1) addon Queens Gambit.

If you buy the whole package you get your third copy of Arma2 :cheers: