Spartans Home

Farewell to Steve Jobs

While Apple's products have never suited my tastes, that fact does not diminish my respect for the man that founded the Apple Empire. I consider myself fortunate to have lived during an era that he helped to shape. Best wishes to Steve's family, friends, and colleagues, whom I'm sure will carry on his considerable legacy.

APPLE did one thing, it pushed the market, without them, we might be still using bricks..

RIP S.J.

Agreed bud, I don't like there stradegy but I do admire it. If that makes sense.

Apple didnt push anything,all it does is sell the same shit others make for 3 to 6 times the price....and when you look at the computers they sell its even worse; Apple not being able to keep up with x86's performance simply became one giant marketing agency selling people overpriced products.

They were so against MS blahblah...they became even worse than MS,a monster...and people love it; its a shame that people honor a person that wiped his ass with the ideas of free enterprise and fair competition.

Needless to say i wish every person a healthy long life,but just because a person dies doesnt mean you have to pardon his legacy.

Apple didnt push anything,all it does is sell the same shit others make for 3 to 6 times the price....and when you look at the computers they sell its even worse; Apple not being able to keep up with x86's performance simply became one giant marketing agency selling people overpriced products.

They were so against MS blahblah...they became even worse than MS,a monster...and people love it; its a shame that people honor a person that wiped his ass with the ideas of free enterprise and fair competition.

Needless to say i wish every person a healthy long life,but just because a person dies doesnt mean you have to pardon his legacy.

Totally disagree mate, they actually made (apple) stuff we had never seen before although I didn't like the tie in deals.

I have to second Noobiachi point here.

To be respectful I do acknowledge the loss of one of the Smartest entrepreneurs in the last 50 years.

Steve Jobs was a genius and most probably his way to conduct business should be on books for others to study and comment.

An amazing entrepreneur able to sell refrigerators to the North Pole and able to create a major business based on customer Feelings, not customer Needs

However, remembering Steve Jobs is synonymous of remembering Apple, the 2 things cannot be disconnected. Therefore I do admire a genius who was able to sell mediocre computers at an outrageous price, because embedded into a fashionable casing

He sold a feeling to his customers, he was able to create the Feeling that Apple is "The way you wanna feel good about technology".

He did not innovate anything. At least, when Apple was only a Fashionable Computer House.

He created an Empire way more monopolistic than Microsoft.

He failed to succeed on his vision, fortunately for the rest of the Free Tech World, so today WE can still enjoy Freedom, building our PCs, customizing our machines. Fortunately Apple is still a large minority on the market.

Then, one day, He had an amazing vision. He saw the future of communication and mobile devices.

He created the iPhone and from there was able to have the full line of iProducts able to take off and a real and unique innovation.

There he did present something new to the world.

Then the Greatest and Smartest entrepreneur was back on his feet and realized that the only way to have your unique growing power is to negate the competition. The Patent grew up as the most powerful weapon of modern business.

Most probably there is another factor Steve Jobs will be studied at business School, because he invented and consolidated a way to save your ass without innovating anymore. Just go ahead with law suites to anyone in the rest of the Free Market can try to make your little idea better.

How successfully tie the competition up. In the worst scenario you will still make tons of money out of the legal agreements necessarily they have to reach to continue to make business.

Today, the great innovations shows an amazing presentation of the new iPhone 4 and a Half being able to do all of what Android devices are able to do since at least one year.

Apple is today a mobile company basing his success on mobile devices. No more computers but mobility. Furthermore, 1 piece of tech for each branch, why wasting resources to give customers more?

There is 1 iPhone, 1 iPad, maybe a couple of iTouch, why offer more? I am sure no one at Apple understand why a company, say Samsung (just an example) need to have a repertoire of over 30 different cellphone models.. Are they nuts??

However, a great business man. Not that much of a visionary but great to appeal to people and sell to customers a closed environment of devices. All of those devices will work with each other, all of the actions will require a fee, all of the accessories will be a proprietary technology which works with Apple only and because it?s an Elite, it will cost double.. and everyone will want it !

Maybe I do appreciate Steve Jobs more now?