Spartans Home

Add power

Athlon64~SPARTA~

pretty sure you only need to connect 2 of the pins together to get a second psu to power up for free? or 1/2 price: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/11742/cpa-167a/ModRight_CableRight_Dual_Power_Supply_Adapter_Cable.html?tl=g2c413s91 , hmm i dunno, i think i would shell out for a bigger psu, from experience it's one thing that you should pay good money for :) .

Well the high CPU draw has existed since the P4 when they first started drawing huge amounts of power and the standard ATX 20pin at the time could not handle it.

3 gtx 580's in tri-sli will only pull 800 watts max, plus say 200 for the rest of the components, add 30% to be safe thats a 1300 watt psu.

Asus makes a 580 x2 so you could quad SLI that, but you would never see more then 1k from that.

The big thing i see with multiple PSU's is that if there is a difference in output even a small one it could add instability. You also double your chances for a PSU failure.

If your going to stick a grand or more of GPU in your case dont skimp and go cheap.