Spartans Home

Project Reality ARMA 2 Beta Release

Phisher~SPARTA~

I don't know if any of you have been following this mod for ARMA2 mod they just released a Beta version for public. It is basically trying to recreate the popular BF2 Mod inside of ARMA 2. I had a go at it last night for a few hours and it was a lot of fun. I think what makes it work stronger than other mods, is requires squad based teamplay and then focuses them on clear single objectives. So if you want to play a sniper, you have to request the kit after joining a squad and their are limitations. As a squad, you build FOBS that act as new spawn points. They've also introduced a really effective ammo/resupply/first aid mechanism.

Anyways, I am going to be coming back to this often. BF2 Project Reality is still a great game and will probably continue to be popular until a PR mod comes out for BF3.

LINK

british_armed_forces2.jpg

merlin_hc3.jpg

Edited by Phisher~SPARTA~

When I saw this project the first time I was a bit skeptic.

I played a short bit on the BF2 PR and it was REALLY good. At that time I didn t know Arma yet.

Now with Arma2 we are used to all the amenities coming from ACE Mod.

- Would you be able to quickly summarize what this Mod has to make it different from ACE?

- If you should choose between the 2 Mods to go for a game, would you likely perfer to play again PR or ACE?

- ACE allows a seameless Coop style (see Domi ACE), is this Mod able to do the same or is focusing on PvP?

It would be great if you can give an basic answer to that, thx ! :)

"BF2 Project Reality is still a great game and will probably continue to be popular until a PR mod comes out for BF3"

No mod tools for BF3 bud. I think you mean the PR standalone game that they're developing.

Also yeah, I'd like to hear the same answers that Batwing had, how it compares to ACE, etc. Never really played anything PvP in ArmA that played well.

Edited by Rooster90

Actually we are playing on Arma an Air Mod from Gunthar. is PvP with very limited AI around.

It has a bunch of aircrafts and so far with up to 150 ping is really playable.

A very simplified flight sim.. cannot even really call it "sim" because there is nothing of Sim in it, besides the fact is something flying, but is a lot of fun :)

Refer to the Air Mod thread somewhere on the forum if you wanna know more :)

Well there is a lot of info at the link that can probably describe it better. Sucks to see about the lack of mod support for BF3.

There are a few things that differentiate this from ACE, not all would say are better things.

One, it is incredibly streamlined, especially for Beta. Installation is quick and painless, this means there are a lot of players currently playing (about 300 right now). In game is also really easy to figure out, especially if you have played the BF2 version.

Teamplay is easy to get into and a lot of ACE features and other mods have been incorporated into the mod (first aid, fireteam HUD, sound mods)

There is a whole new squad mechanism, hard to explain but really intuitive.

Multiple game modes: Insurgency, Objectives, Attack / Defend...

FOB creations, basically you can load up a giant ammo crate, drop it off in the desert and build up a huge FOB piece by piece.

There are a lot more but it is worth a shot.

It would be great to get a squad of Sparta guys playing. We wouldn't need our own server, just join one of the 64 players servers and create our own squad and lock it.

Edited by Phisher~SPARTA~

This is their list of features:

* Unique UI overhaul.

* British Soldiers (MTP).

* Unique PR Gameplay Concept for ARMA 2.

* Various PR game modes.

* New vehicles including the Warrior IFV, Chinook, Merlin, and the Apache AH1.

* v1 Basic PR Sounds FX, environment and weapons/vehicles.

* PR:ARMA2 music, composed by Project Reality.

* PR Statics Object Pack.

* PR FX.

* PR Squad Awareness HUD (SAHUD).

* PR rear view Mirrors.

And again this is just BETA, knowing the PR team it will only get a lot better