Spartans Home

Anyone here use CLEAR 4G wireless internet?

Yoshi

I'm moving into a larger apartment now that I'm getting married and my current ISP doesn't have service there. I'm looking at different ISPs and CLEAR seemed to have the most reasonable prices, But I want to know if I'll get a good ping when I'm gaming online. Anyone have any experience with it?

Unfortunately I am afraid you will have some problem.

When it come to hi-performance for gaming, whatever is Not Wired is not gonna work well.

In general wireless connections suffer of "environmental" issues.

Ping is not the absolute meter for a good gaming connection.

What get part in this "soup" are:

-1- Packet loss: it is part of the QoS. Your message is composed by packets travelling the network. A wireless connection is way more prone to PL

-2- Noisy signal: it is part of the QoS. Pure wireless is way more subject to signal degradation and directly affects PL

-3- Ping: it is part of the QoS. A wireless connection is by nature slower and dirtier than a wired one. However Pings are very subject to the Provider (ISP) infrastructure. It depends how the signal reach the major BackBone once travel by land. That is intrinsic with the the ISP quality

While Wireless can be great for general surfing and possibly downloading, can be very bad for gaming and VOIP (video and audio) performances.

Unfortunately I am afraid you will have some problem.

When it come to hi-performance for gaming, whatever is Not Wired is not gonna work well.

In general wireless connections suffer of "environmental" issues.

Ping is not the absolute meter for a good gaming connection.

What get part in this "soup" are:

-1- Packet loss: it is part of the QoS. Your message is composed by packets travelling the network. A wireless connection is way more prone to PL

-2- Noisy signal: it is part of the QoS. Pure wireless is way more subject to signal degradation and directly affects PL

-3- Ping: it is part of the QoS. A wireless connection is by nature slower and dirtier than a wired one. However Pings are very subject to the Provider (ISP) infrastructure. It depends how the signal reach the major BackBone once travel by land. That is intrinsic with the the ISP quality

While Wireless can be great for general surfing and possibly downloading, can be very bad for gaming and VOIP (video and audio) performances.

EVERYTHING THAT HE SAID AND... CLEAR is available in my area and they are the provider that SPRINT uses for 4G service. For general internet it is sufficant but I think that it would be completely inadiquite for gameing ....

Get Verison FIOS is available.

Edited by Steel~Sparta~