Spartans Home

Force Protection Inc

Bit of a vague question but has anyone in the US heard much about these guys? They build custom military transportation and I've been sent a potential job opportunity with their new UK division, Force Protection Europe.

Never heard of the company, but I have seen many of their products. Some of those vehicles were a big reason IEDs became obsolete in Iraq lately. They just don't do the damage. I'm not sure how their business model is going to deal with the end of the war, and new technologies like the Humvee chimney design, but I'd say they've got a good amount of cash stashed from their previous sales to devise some new stuff and keep jobs going for a little while.

• 5 months later...

Can't believe how long ago my original post was :zzzzz:

Anyhoo, today I resigned my position with Bentley Motors in preparation for my new role with..... Force Protection Europe.

I start on February 6th and by the looks of things will be in at the deep end from the get-go. Something that appeals to the way I like to work.

So, no more luxury unaffordable cars for me, it's all about the ridiculously unaffordable APC's from now on in.

Hopefully this will afford me the opportunity to get over to the States, with the parent company and maybe hook up with a Spartan or two.

Can't believe how long ago my original post was :zzzzz:

Anyhoo, today I resigned my position with Bentley Motors in preparation for my new role with..... Force Protection Europe.

I start on February 6th and by the looks of things will be in at the deep end from the get-go. Something that appeals to the way I like to work.

So, no more luxury unaffordable cars for me, it's all about the ridiculously unaffordable APC's from now on in.

Hopefully this will afford me the opportunity to get over to the States, with the parent company and maybe hook up with a Spartan or two.

So do we get a discount since we know you?

Wacthy, I have been wanting to get into the military vehicle sceen for awile now. Except theres none of them close to me. Need some ideas? Ask away. I have worked on some swat armor cars in the past. But the newer diesel engines are a real mess with all that regen crap on them. Let me know how it goes. Remember the simpler the better.

Haveing some 25 years as a master heavy truck mechanic. I might know a little something about it.

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

Wacthy, I have been wanting to get into the military vehicle sceen for awile now. Except theres none of them close to me. Need some ideas? Ask away. I have worked on some swat armor cars in the past. But the newer diesel engines are a real mess with all that regen crap on them. Let me know how it goes. Remember the simpler the better.

Haveing some 25 years as a master heavy truck mechanic. I might know a little something about it.

They have a field support centre in Kuwait, how about a job over there?