Spartans Home

Specifications for some of my cars

These are my cars sorted by power per tonne. ES indicates that I have swapped the engine (the works R34 has had an engine swap but I forgot to mark it),

In most cases there are no surprises, but in B class I get my best times with a Gallardo, but the specs suggests that the V spec R35 should give me the best time since it has more power per tonne, a higher top speed, better acceleration and a better rating for handling.

In the D class, the old cars dominate because they can be purchased with low in performance index (PI) points (and are very light) which allows for a lot of upgrades before reaching the class limit, and indeed the fastest times are as the list implies, The surprise is in the modern D's, the Seat Cupra has a better power to weight ratio than the popular S3, the S3's strength is its 4WD. For career races the retro cars cannot be used so the Cupra may be worth considering.

Anyway, I was interested to see the specs of the cars and since I had done the work I thought I would share.

Note - Weight is in Kg and Vmax is in KPH

specs_works.jpg

specs_A.jpg

specs_B.jpg

specs_C.jpg

specs_D.jpg

Power to weight is only an indcator of potential performance, weight is a major factor in acceleration, braking and turning, power is a major factor in top speed, power to weight is a reasonable starting point though.