Spartans Home

My Band's EP has a song preview up!

Rooster90

Earlier this year we released our first song to kind of test the waters. We got a lot more positive feedback than we expected and are now 2 weeks away from releasing our first EP. I'm now a guest writer for a small European-based metal blog and had my first article published on the site today. On top of that, the owner of the site has an exclusive first preview of our first song off the upcoming EP. Check it out!

http://deathmetalbaboon.com/a-dmb-exclusive-oak-pantheons-in-the-dead-of-winter-night

Black metal isn't for everyone. But we keep the vocals pretty sparse and spread out for that reason as well. We like to let the music do the talking. The second half is the most epic part!

Fun fact: The solo was recorded on the first take.

Edited by Rooster90

I'm with noobi on this one. When it comes to metal, I enjoy the song until the vocals begin. Your song's instrumentals are awesome. I just don't get the vocals. It's not a bad thing or a discredit, ya know, just not my taste.

Good stuff, though, Rooster. Best of luck to your group.

- JHunter

Ok normal people would say "hate to be an ass" but this is me and I don't but I'm not trying to hurt any feelings.

I understand Metal and that Black metal or Death metal and all that the musical undertones and lyrics are what truely define the genre and make those specific sounds unique.

What I don't get is why each and every singer of these groups must sound like he just came in from a mouth centric all male gangbang where he was the guest of honor? I like the music and love the lyrics and what they are trying to say im just wondering is there an actual reason for the strained husky very gutteral voice inflection or is it just whats cool now?

Like I said I am not intending to hurt feelings, musically I loved the song but lyrically it sounds like someone got mouth pounded by a horse before going on stage.

:) please discuss

Without guttoral vocals, death metal wouldn't be death metal. Without high pitched shrieks and pained yells, black metal wouldn't be black metal. It's just one of those things that define genres. Metal wouldn't be metal without screaming. It's an intense genre in every sense of the word. Yeah, there's classic "heavy metal" from back in the day with Black Sabbath and the like. There's the operatic vocals of power and speed metal. But without screams, my favorite metal genres stop being metal and start being a group of posers. It takes the intensity down a notch and makes it accessible to the masses. People need to learn to look past just vocals or one piece of a song and look at the big picture. When you're singing about stuff regarding paganism, hate, evil, Satan, and the like, you better not be singing that crap.

Modern pop music and other such garbage has tainted people's minds to where people almost exclusively base their opinions on a vocal style and sound. People just want everything to be nice and happy and understandable so they can sing along to it. Metal is not a sing-along genre. You bang your head, get violent, and kill people. XD lol, jk. It's more about a cerebral experience. It's music that makes you really listen and concentrate. It leaves parts of the song a mystery for the dedicated listener to discover. If you're just handed everything in the song on the first listen, why bother going back if there's nothing more to discover? This applies to every layer in metal, not just vocals.

Without guttoral vocals, death metal wouldn't be death metal. Without high pitched shrieks and pained yells, black metal wouldn't be black metal. It's just one of those things that define genres. Metal wouldn't be metal without screaming. It's an intense genre in every sense of the word. Yeah, there's classic "heavy metal" from back in the day with Black Sabbath and the like. There's the operatic vocals of power and speed metal. But without screams, my favorite metal genres stop being metal and start being a group of posers. It takes the intensity down a notch and makes it accessible to the masses. People need to learn to look past just vocals or one piece of a song and look at the big picture. When you're singing about stuff regarding paganism, hate, evil, Satan, and the like, you better not be singing that crap.

Modern pop music and other such garbage has tainted people's minds to where people almost exclusively base their opinions on a vocal style and sound. People just want everything to be nice and happy and understandable so they can sing along to it. Metal is not a sing-along genre. You bang your head, get violent, and kill people. XD lol, jk. It's more about a cerebral experience. It's music that makes you really listen and concentrate. It leaves parts of the song a mystery for the dedicated listener to discover. If you're just handed everything in the song on the first listen, why bother going back if there's nothing more to discover? This applies to every layer in metal, not just vocals.

I just feel as if the phrase being "mouth raped by a horse" doesn't get enough use in today's society so I felt I should put it to good use.