Spartans Home

CS:S

MooseMoose

I have it, but every time I try playing it again I'm reminded why I no longer play it. XD

Mostly filled with hacks, trolls, and surf/aim/gun game/DM servers. Nobody plays stock anymore and the servers that are running stock are always 24/7 dust2 and office. Two of my least favorite maps. That and I'm just plain no good at it. New FPS's have spoiled me and CS:S has become rather stale and is really showing its age. I'm so used to iron sights I can barely do the crosshair thing anymore.

However, I've gotten back into DoD:S and TF2 recently.

I pretty much stick to one server. It is your basic style game mode. with a good mixture of stock maps, and community made maps.

and its a family gaming server, so you get 0 hacks, and more importantly, no annoying people just trying to stir shit up. Just good tactical style gameplay.

and really Counter strike has ruined me from getting into any current twitch style fps games. (cod, moh, and the likes) CS:S still is by far the most balanced and in my opinion no other game comes close to the skill level you will see in CS:S. With games like COD, after a week you reach the maximum skill level and everyone is as good as everyone else. CS:S takes some skill to play with people that have been playing the game for a long time.

If you ever decide you want to try and get back into it, let me know and I'll tell ya what server i play on. Its always a good time.

when i get bored of all other games i can always go back to it and know i'll have some fun. they just dont make em like they use to. now its all about graphics and gameplay comes second to that. it should always be the other way around.

No doubt, it does take a lot of play-time and skill to be good at CS:S. But that doesn't really make it fun. It becomes particularly disheartening when you're playing with lots of vets. And I wouldn't call the game balanced at all, lol.

One-word: AWP.

Not to mention auto-snipers, deagles, and the AK47.

Granted, the last 3 or 4 iterations of CoD have been pretty crap and are total easy-mode to play (no recoil at all). But you cant really compare CS:S to CoD. CS:S is fun for competition players, but doesn't really have much appeal for any other reason any more. If I want a fun, balanced game that requires a lot of teamplay I typically go back and play BC2 or the Vietnam expansion of it. The hit registries aren't the best for the game and the simultaneous kills are a little silly, but it's a very solid game with no one weapon or style of play to dominate the game. The best TEAM wins, which is the kind of game I favor. Can't wait for BF3 to drop. :D

I sometimes forget about awp, auto-snipers and such. Server i play on (dont get on too many others unless the one i play is just completely empty) has those guns restricted to where you cant buy them. By balanced i guess what i meant was, if you have the skill, then you have the ability to win a shoot-out. perks and such arent going to keep you from getting the kill. only gun that really takes away from that is the awp, and most servers have at least that gun restricted. I agree, when i first started it was a bit frustrating not being able to keep up with all the other players in kills. but that just comes with time. Still my favorite competitive shooter, and I imagine it will be for some time, just cant get into any other competitive fps games like i could with counter strike.

any by competitive i dont necessarily mean playing in competitions. i dont play with a clan or anything, just for fun.

Edited by MooseMoose

Yeah, no perks is something I miss. That, and one thing I do really like about CS:S are the hit-boxes and registration. No other FPS comes close to how good CS:S is in that regard. You know you're going to hit somebody if you aim your weapon on them. Very little lag as well. Now if only it had iron sights....

Yeah, no perks is something I miss. That, and one thing I do really like about CS:S are the hit-boxes and registration. No other FPS comes close to how good CS:S is in that regard. You know you're going to hit somebody if you aim your weapon on them. Very little lag as well. Now if only it had iron sights....

Agreed! Being one that moved from CS:CZ to CS:S, it was like Honda to BMW in regard to hit registration.

Useful Iron sights would indeed make the game indispensable for certain.