Spartans Home

WW2 Buffs

Gunthar~SPARTA~

Idea Merit  

3 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok guys as the final little bits and issues are worked out of my Zargabad mission which should be finished in the next couple of weeks I am starting peliminary work on a WW2 mission of epic awsome sauce.

I need opinions on the plot line and the inital script along with any suggestions, this will use the I-44 Mod for Arma 2 and take place on a map called Celle. The script is below and the overall plot is the allied invasion is proceeding and will take the outlying towns around Celle before the final assault on the strong hold of the 2nd SS Pz division. Mind you all numbers are open for change randomly without prior warning and dependent on my view of the mission difficulty also the later parts of the mission the numbers are dependent on the amount of dead units from the prior attacks so if you lose 4 squads of Airborne in the first fight you will not have those units for the final assault.

MISSION SCRIPT

1. LZ

a. Secure Main LZ and rally east of Vor Dem Hotze

i. Allies = 234 paratroopers

b. Move in and secure Vor Dem Hotze from German recon platoon

i. Enemy Recon platoon consists of

1. 1 232 light armor

2. 3 squads of Inf

c. Hold area from small counterattack while awaiting Ranger and Armor reinforcements from the NE.

i. Defense strength

1. 234 paratroopers

2. 2 platoons of rangers

3. 6 Sherman, 2 greyhounds, 2 Stewarts

ii.Expected Attack

1. 1 PZ 4G

2. 3 PZ 2

3. 6+ Squads of Inf

2. Obj 1 Bleckmar

a. Attack Bleckmar from the north with light armor support.

i. Attack

1. 2 squads of Airborne

2. 1 Stewart, 1 Greyhound

ii. Expected Defenders

1. 1 PZ 2

2. 4 squads of inf

b. Await armor backup of 3 Shermans and find resupply point in town.

c.Rally south of town and prepare to attack Bergen.

3. Obj 2 Bergen

a. Attack from north with Armor support and Ranger reinforcements

i. Attack

1. 2 squads of Airborne

2. 1 Armor platoon

3. 5 squads of Rangers

b. Defense is crack 2nd SS Das Reich

i. Expected Defense

1. 3 PZ 4g

2. 2 Stug

3. 3 PZ 2

4. 8 Squads of inf

c. Secure town from medium strength counter attack with armor.

i. Anticipated Attack strength

1. Expected to be at least same as defense force.

4. Obj 3 Offen

a. Secure village from squads of SS troops

i. Single Heavy tank reported in area

b. Light armor support

i. 2 Stew 2 Greyhound

5. Obj 4 Secure Celle

a. Attack across river with armor support and CAS

i. Attack

1. 2 armor platoons

2. 4 Airborne Squads

3. 2 platoons of Rangers

4. 1 flight of B-17

5. 1 Flight of P-38

b. Defenders are SS troops with heavy armor support and minimal air support.

i.Defense Force

1. Unknown

This mission will use historical squad and army numbers when considering the amount of AI so the breakdown is this:

Company = 225+

Platoon = 55+

Squad = 13+

Fireteam = 4+

If you add it up there are 457 total allied units in this mission with most likely over 500+ enemy units on the defense. This will be a massive mission and will be a full immersion game with armor and aircraft support. It will also be able to be played on either side so some can play axis and some can play allied. There will be a mix of units from both Britian and the US to simulate an Operation Market Garden style of attack. It will be hard and it will be eventful. Revive will be in the game and if I can manage it there will hopefully be a spawn on platoon commander option. As for Join in progress you will only be able to join as Rangers once the mission is underway. This will be a huge mission and I hope to get some help from you guys on the testing of this mission as it moves along. Most of the inital testing will be confirmation of triggers for spawning enemy soldiers so there will be a minimal amount of fighting so that I can test the triggers with as few people as possible then I will ramp up the amount of units once everything is working.

Any feedback is welcome please suggest ideas for triggered events and such.

Gunthar

Edited by Gunthar~SPARTA~