Spartans Home

Rooster's OC Experience: The Forum

Rooster90

Just ran the test,temps are 60ish at 30% fan speed,my card has 2 fans on a custom cooling-block tho.....i dont get why the fan doesnt speed up....i dont care about the noise...i dont hear that shit anyways with my headset on lol.

We knew ArmA had issues with CPU's with more than 4 threads. I tried disabling my hyper-threading option in my BIOS so I only run 4 primary threads (instead of 8) and it made pretty much zero difference. But you could be totally right, the old engine may not be very supportive of new architecture.

Oh his cpu would fuck mine up,if we can make a conclusion.....the Heaven bm is just about the same.......its only his ARMA that should imo be higher than mine.....but seeing as others have the same performance as i do,hes not alone....and if its only ARMA thats giving Rooster the idea that his pc sucks....well then fuck ARMA,there is no doubt that with other benchmarks other than ARMA or a GPU only bm he would blow my pc away.

Very interesting development. I just ran Arma2's BM at Noob's clock settings and I'm actually getting about 5 fps LESS than I was at stock a day or 2 ago. WTF?

Also keep in mind when I ran those benchmarks a couple days earlier my CPU was also overclocked to 4.0 GHz. It's running at it's stock 3.4 setting atm. What's ArmA's typical CPU load when you guys are playing it? During that benchmark my CPU is sitting around 45-50% usage, with short-lived spikes up to 60% during certain spots. I can see all 4 of my cores being used, so it's not like it isn't recognizing all of my threads or something. Any thoughts?

Very interesting development. I just ran Arma2's BM at Noob's clock settings and I'm actually getting about 5 fps LESS than I was at stock a day or 2 ago. WTF?

As far as I remember Rooster, Arma 2 is more CPU intensive so your CPU OC would have been a benefit for you.

Rooster,

Be aware Noob test was on tessellation "disabled" wich makes a big difference on the final results

Why don t you simply take Noob harware reference and emulate it? Don t push the OC, just emulate Noobs one and see if you still have artifacts. Pump up the fan power to be sure artifact are not caused by temp under OC settings.

@ Haji:

That freaking 590 is a real monster man ! In your config is not even your CPU pumped at 4.4 making the difference and not even the great RAM performance almost at 1600 you have. That is really that freaking Monster :)

I agree that the 590 is performing admirably but I really think the solid numbers are due to a very tweaked build which has eliminated any bottle neck. Sometimes you just get lucky.