Spartans Home

EA PWNED

DaiSan

Great vid, thanks for sharing. Makes me want to dust off my old Battlefield series games.

It will be intresting to see how this runs on every one's comp. Swedish Army?

Awesome Dai, thx for the link :)

I already pre-ordered the game a while ago. it has been years I didn t pre-ordered a game, but this one really looks and feels a step ahead to the new level of FPS.

My PC kicks ass and is totally ready for this new challenge and push the graphic to new limits, so I can t really wait for this experience.

This could be the first time I really get involved in a BF game. I played BF 2142, I didn t like it that much. PLayed BF BC2 liked a lot but didn t pull me in in full but i give to it a special nomination for beautiful environment and feeling, well done also on Vietnam exp.

BF 3 now will be for me something I wanna try to master. It is really beautiful and I wanna see if i can play it decently :)

It would be nice if a few Spartans would get on it with a real Tac orientation, maybe some training to master maps together, roles to follow to go on server together... that kind of stuff.

Spartan BF BC2 experience is way far from that concept. Don t get me wrong, when i was with ppl on server, of course is a lot of fun, but noone really cared to really "organize and manage" a team.

Althoough is a faster FPS I do believe a game like BF 3 may be handled in a Tac way. I would love to see that.

It would be nice if a few Spartans would get on it with a real Tac orientation, maybe some training to master maps together, roles to follow to go on server together... that kind of stuff.

Spartan BF BC2 experience is way far from that concept. Don t get me wrong, when i was with ppl on server, of course is a lot of fun, but noone really cared to really "organize and manage" a team.

Althoough is a faster FPS I do believe a game like BF 3 may be handled in a Tac way. I would love to see that.

(RANT ON)

Me personally, it will be a game/ entertainment and that means FUN & FREE SERVERS

Tactical orientation.... lolz. Not for me. What is Arma II for?

Why does every military based game have to be Tactical here?

GRAW/ GRAW2/ ARMA / ARMA2/ Joint ops/ Ghost Recon

What ever happened to playing a game because it was a game.....

FOR FUN, WITH FRIENDS

(RANT OFF)

LOLOLOL.. ok ok, got your point, but maybe my point is "lighter" than what would sound.

When I say TAC, I would mean at least coordination. Not necessarely Military restricted coms and all the 9 yards. What I mean is Team Coordination :)

Years ago, when I played for quite long time TRIBES, that game was all for team coordination, not really military tac. But that was they way a game supposed to be Team vs Team with objectives to achieve (no deathmatch nonsense) is supposed to be played.

Potentially any of these games could be played with team coordination. There are some more incline to that, other less.

Team Coordination means to me a team with roles, with a Team Leader and a Squad sticking together during action.

A TL who is saying to same of the Squad to "Stay and Defend" and ppl knows what they are doing and what is the next objective.

I guess that is a lot of Fun (TRIBES was), people know what to do, when to do it, how to do it and the Squad wins :)

I think when we mean "tactical" we mean "team play." I'm not sure, but total run/gun with a server full of killer squirrels doesn't really appeal to most Spartans, which is why we try to have a measure of teamwork involved in every game we play. That teamwork is tailored to the game of course. Something like COD4, which is a run/gun game, doesn't require the same level of planning and coordination as a game like ARMA does, which is more of a simulation. You're just not going to find the same guys doing the same things in both ARMA and COD.

The tactical orientation serves two purposes: To have greater satisfaction through working with your buddies to accomplish a goal, and to minimize the crazy flying squirrel attack.

I always enjoy a shooter more when im playing with people who work together. Doesnt mean it has to be completely simmed out in a tactical sense, just good cooperation through team players, whats the point of playing a team based online multiplayer game if you dont work as a team? So i totally agree with what you're saying here batwing and im looking forward to bf3

I think when we mean "tactical" we mean "team play." I'm not sure, but total run/gun with a server full of killer squirrels doesn't really appeal to most Spartans, which is why we try to have a measure of teamwork involved in every game we play. That teamwork is tailored to the game of course. Something like COD4, which is a run/gun game, doesn't require the same level of planning and coordination as a game like ARMA does, which is more of a simulation. You're just not going to find the same guys doing the same things in both ARMA and COD.

The tactical orientation serves two purposes: To have greater satisfaction through working with your buddies to accomplish a goal, and to minimize the crazy flying squirrel attack.

I misunderstood...

I'm all for team play & playing with friends, I just don't like it when it gets all too serious, I mean we got life for that.

:thumbsup_anim: