Spartans Home

W7 reinstall-activation issue

Ebden~SPARTA~

Right on, the memory came in today. I started up the new rig, set BIOS properly, and went to fresh install W7 on a new HD.

I'm stuck on a 30-day lapse in the activation code! The code comes up as invalid. What's the workaround? There must be a trick to keep me with a stable, trustworthy W7 install without buying another license.

I'm worried that my previous install on the old HD is buggered from lots of use, so making an image doesn't seem right.

Tips?

I was all ready to buy Brink, and now this...

• 1 month later...

I finally tried phone activation. We determined(I remembered) that my W7 code was for an UPGRADE only, so I need to clear everything, reinstall XP, then install W7 on top of that!

Shit. Any workarounds other then spending $200 on a full code or digging up an XP install cd somewhere? I'd have to reinstall all my programs again, setup yomatools, redownload Arma and all this damn foolishness...I know I won't have time to tough that lengthy process until Sept-I'm gone in the field in a week, back in July to deal with other life crap, then gone again for all of August and into the fall. (So I won't be around here much either).

Alright, no panic my man.

Just to let you know, There are work arounds, you don t have to pay a dime. I made tons of installations using Upgrade products as Full install and never had any code issue.

Understanding you will be very busy I am not even diving now into the specific procedures. When you will be able to spend time on this stuff, send me a message annd will solve the issue, just put your mind at ease.. this is not a problem :)

In the remote event you need an XP copy first (this should not be necessary, but just in case) I can provide you an ISO of it.

So, just relax, do what you have to do and then we will see :)

Thanks batty! I've had a crushing month between personal issues, field season prep, starting an MBA, and then the rest of regular life.I didn't mean to come off in a panic (Most important thing 'Don't panic'), but perhaps I did.

Send along instructions.I can make time in the later evenings once or twice before I leave, or a little more time between July 16-30.

Oky then,

Read carefully this article and FOLLOW EXACTLY the instructions in it. it s simple, straightforward and IT WORKS.

http://www.winsupersite.com/article/windows-7/clean-install-windows-7-with-upgrade-media

If you will have any issue, take note of what s going on and we will probably need to get togethr, maybe on the phone to have the procedure working.

I am confident you will be able to have it rolling, because the guide is REALLY GOOD and clear :)

Good luck :)

as always

nananananananananannana

batman-gir.jpg

look at the guy in the back hahah is that a leach ...