Spartans Home

BRINK update and 411

BrerRabbit~SPARTA~

BRINK update to go live next week. PC fixes will include fixed sound issues and fixes for ATI card users. Source: BethesdaBlog

Also, for all the folks who keep asking about BRINK, here's a fair and balanced overview from the CynicalBrit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9zDpaQPoEI

Also to get a good idea of how the parkour movement works in-game here is a vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0q14FZmfIo&feature=youtu.be

Edited by BrerRabbit~SPARTA~

This is the best review of Brink I've read yet, and it goes a long way in explaining why many reviewers and players just dont get what Brink is about - article.

"There seems to be a lack of understanding about Brink's goals. Perhaps some players find it a little complex? With having multiple mission objectives and classes that play a vital role at different stages of the mission and near on-the-fly switching maybe that's a little too complex for some. This is a huge problem for a game like Brink because, as with Quake Wars, team play is everything and that's something Splash Damage understand very well. When I first started playing Quake Wars I used to hop on random servers and (long story short) found it infuriating - players had no sense of team coordination and I was often left weeping over my keyboard.

After a few weeks I discovered the OCB server, a server run by a tight-knit group of players that were there to primarily have fun but also showed good skill and team-wide coordination. Just as importantly, they understood the maps and the objectives. Immediately my enjoyment of the game was boosted a hundred fold. I ended up playing Quake Wars every night for around a year. Being a late comer to the proceedings, I only paid £10 for the game and it was probably the best value for money I have had from any game and I wish I had grabbed it when it was first released."

BRINK patched.

Sound fixes work, and the game as a whole seems to be running smoother (though I had little trouble running it before). UI text still sometimes screwed up. Also, they made the in-game text chat bigger, which I find annoying. Hopefully they will implement the ability for us to choose if we want small or large text.