Spartans Home

SP - CoD:BO vs. Medal of Honor

MedicSN6

Well... I recent purchased the game Medal of Honor from Steam for $15 when it was on sale. I played the Beta for MoH a while back and I really liked the style. Black Ops, however, won the Most Played game both here at Sparta and world wide. While I would have to say that Black Ops would win the Run n'gun awards, I honestly believe that Medal of Honor wins the Single Player and slow n'low multiplayer games hands down.

If anyone is looking for a good military story to play, then Medal of Honor Single Player is where it it's at. There were honestly some moments in the game that are so realistic and emotional with either sadness or pure, unadulterated 'Fuck Yeah' that I would warn some vets not to play it because it might be too real.

The one caveat I would tell is that the game (Medal of Honor) cannot be played properly with AA or AF enabled. While this sucks, you really don't need them. I had to go into my nVidia global settings and disable it. The game will play with them enabled, but the weapon skins are a blur of pixels until you disable it. You can play through the entire game with it this way, but it is really annoying and I feel it completely (and obviously) detracts from the game.

If any of you have been on the fence about Medal of Honor, I would recommend it. Not so much for the Multiplayer, which in my honest opinion is better than Black Ops, but mainly for the single player mode which has a compelling story some really cool cut scenes and some different levels where you have to operate ATVs and even act as a gunner for an AH-64 Apache. It is fun and different and during a couple moments pretty gut wrenching (maybe it was just me having served).

I hope you get a chance to play this game.

If any of you have been on the fence about Medal of Honor, I would recommend it. Not so much for the Multiplayer, which in my honest opinion is better than Black Ops, but mainly for the single player mode which has a compelling story some really cool cut scenes and some different levels where you have to operate ATVs and even act as a gunner for an AH-64 Apache. It is fun and different and during a couple moments pretty gut wrenching (maybe it was just me having served).

I hope you get a chance to play this game.

Thanks, I will look for it during the Steam Summer Sale. I never planned on playing its MP, hence the reason I never bought it. But for $15 or $20, if it has a good SP campaign, that is worth it to me.