Spartans Home

GTR2 Race for Christmas

Zeno~SPARTA~

We are contemplating running a GTR2 race over the christmas period. To get this off the ground we need to set a date.

If there is enough interest we will agree on a track and class of car. We will look into custom cars for those that want to use them.

This is good fun so we look forward to hearing from you. Please post the time and day that suits you so that we may find a consensus.

Maj3stic set-up a server, it's running now. So hopefully we will see some of you on there. It's just there as a meeting place, and for us to get back into the swing of things. Hopefully it will get set-up properly later with car set-up, skins, ect later.

Well I guess I am going to need to reload GTR2 and the driver's for my racing wheel.

That way I can show all of you my expertise at cashing into barriers. You will always know where I am because of the smoke billowing out of my wheels B)

As for a date... other than christmas day plus the day before & after, I should be around.

Cobol and I had an Idea, scrap the race and do a

le-mans 4 hr race full on with teams

5 teams of 2 players

racing as a team in a le mans with pits and swap-overs

we are working on the idea, the cars would be the GT le mans class.

speak to us.

for those that don't know what a le mans is, look up in google

i would do it, i will have to load up and patch and i will need the custom car package from Maj3stic.

For anyone who hasn't got all the custom cars.

First go to your GTR2 folder & make a copy or move your teams folder (filepath: GTR2/GameData/Teams)

Unpack your downloaded rarred GTR2 custom folder & place it in your game data folder

Download GTR2 Teams Folder IPB Image

What is this GTR2 of which you speak ??

It actually sounds like a lot of fun.....if I can get up and running in time I'd enjoy joining you but it's a long shot for me.

Have a great race either way!!

Thanks Zeno,

I use to really enjoy racing sims and still have my old force feedback wheel/pedal setup but I think it requires a MIDI interface which is no longer supported (old joystick connector prior to USB)...will have to dig it out and double check.

I'll definitely look into it but due to my h/w being down it doesn't look good for me this time around.

Cheers,