Spartans Home

Age of Empires online beta

Yankee~SPARTA~

• 2 weeks later...

So I've been playing the single player off and on over the weekend. I've gotta say that I really like the graphics, even though they are more cartoon-like than what I would have imagined. I enjoy the gathering resources and the quests, although I do wish the fighting had more functionality a-la the Total War games. Basically, youjust group all your troops, regardless of specialty, and point them at the enemy. But, it's fun. :)

Yeah thats basically what age of empires has always been. however, if you play against real people you will find that there is a tremendous amount of strategy needed to win. I haven't had time to enable my beta key but I hope to sometime this week.

Never played online before, except for one or two tries where I got stomped within the first few minutes.

This game is nice and I'm really surprised by how much I like the cartoonish graphics. Would it look nicer with some polished real-world looking art? Probably, but this will probably be used to get kids addicted to gaming. And if that's so, I wish there were more history lessons in the quests, like a "did you know..." kind of thing.

I don't see how this almost-bug-free game is still waiting to be released until the end of the year. It looks almost ready to go now.