Spartans Home

X-Wing Lives!!!!!

Durka-Durka~SPARTA~

Could it be? Could it really be?! A private group of people have taken an open-source engine and have been adapting it to revive the long-lost X-Wing space-flight simulators. I always wondered how cool X-Wing would be if brought up to modern standards. Here's the website to look for yourself, and some screenies. I hope this isn't another Blackfoot Studios...

bwingfinal.jpg

awingfinal.jpg

nurint03.jpg

OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!!

I played that and TIE Fighter for as long as I could make it run on a computer. O the memorys :) I hope they revive this as a sim and not an arcade game.

Blackfoot Studios? who are they?

Blackfoot Studios? who are they?

Exactly. They were a pro studio making the next best thing to Old Ghost Recon, but I think the project fell by the wayside. Anyways, yeah X-Wing was the first PC game I think I ever bought. I even had this thick "guide" through all the missions. Could you imagine how that ***sim*** would rock today?

Wooohoo !

I played X-wing so much !, the big floppies for my computer at that time ! And then recently, few years ago I got Alliance, which was not bad at all.

I guess there are very interesting MODs out there for Alliance too.

A new sim would be very nice with the new tech available :)

• 2 years later...

Don't hold your breath. I think they've been working on this for about 5yrs now. A lot of the youtube gameplay footage is insane, though. What they've got so far looks JUST LIKE the original, but with updated graphics.

5+ years is really nothing with game development...just look at Starcraft 2 Still crap and was in development for 15+ years Good point