Spartans Home

Quake Live Lives!

Fatal_Papercut~SPARTA~

Howdy folks,

Quake Live is a free-to-play version of Quake 3 that you can launch from your browser. Any machine out there can play it.

Now, you do need to pay for a "premium" account that allows you to run a private instance of the game where you can invite friends. I would be willing to get an account for a month if two or more people are willing to play a few games. Hajimoto says he's already in, so, if anyone else is willing to take 10 minutes to install the client and play with us, please post your account name in this thread so that I may add you to my friends list. As always, my account name is Fatal_Papercut.

**EDIT** OOps, I can't get a premium account for just 1 month. I have to pay annually, which, at $48, in NOT going to happen. But friends can still join on each other in the free version--it just won;t be a private match.

Edited by Fatal_Papercut~SPARTA~

Another option is Quake 3 Arena with all the updated arena maps.

I hosted a Quake 3 Arena until 2/2010 so it is no big deal to fire that bad boy back up....

if you own Quake 3 Arena we should whoop on it! If there is enough interest, I will set it up.

Edited by Hajimoto