Spartans Home

Durka's Words of Wisdom

...So I got highly intoxicated tonight. (i was drinking since 2pm). I got a cab ride home, and somehow lost the wallet in what I thought was a very easy transaction. The cabbie had $16.20 on his meter but he wanted $20. I argued but then gave him the twenty. After finding out my wallet was missing, I called the cab company. They checked it the first time, then said they didn't have it, and I asked them to check again just to be sure and they hung up on me. This turned a dire situation into a highly volitile one. I called back and they hung up on me again, and after the third time, I talked to a manager who said he deeply regretted me losing my wallet but they didn't have it and I told them I understood, but hanging up on me didn't increase my confidence in them at all, and I was highly pissed. After looking around, the wallet was in the road somehow.

After quite a time of deliberation on what the right thing to do, I decided to call them back and apologize then let them know I found my wallet. I told them I apologized, but still didn't apppreciated them hanging up on me, turning a bad situation worse. She thanked me and said have a nice night, although I doubt she really believed it. The point is, when it comes to honor and integrity, being able to admit you were wrong is not only good for your soul, but for others as well. I could have left them wondering if I lost my wallet or not, or maybe even thinking the cabbie stole it, but I decided to do the right thing and report it found and apologize, even though it was highly embarrassing to myself. I could honestly care less what the dispatcher thought of me, I just knew I had to do the right thing. Hopefully it catches on.

I dont see a reason to think you were wrong,you just wanted them to check just one more time....theres no need for them to hang up,unless you were an ass to them even then just a "sir i just checked the car myself and there really is no wallet in there,im sorry".....

Similar situation occurred to me last month. Lost my wallet and couldn't find it anywhere at my apartment or in the car I rode home. I was convinced I lost it at my friend's house when I blacked out. I nagged on him for days and didn't believe him when he said he looked. I was about 20 minutes away from driving over there myself and turning his house upside down when I found it buried in my laundry basket that I tipped over. I texted him and told him I found it. He called me a moron. I probably deserved it, lol.

next time be two steps ahead .

get that twenty already in your pocket .

leave ya wallet at home .

don't drink... (don't go there ) :poster_oops:

(or walk hahahahhahah ) :dog:

Its like this a woman has boxes in her head ,all these boxes are attached to one and other ,and in every box she puts something .

Men have boxes too ,But specialy we have one box that is empty all of the time ,But a woman wan'ts to always put something in there ...

(THATS WHY WE DRINK ° )to get that box empty again ... :P

A good thing about drinking is afterwards you are rid off everything ....

ya wallet ya keys ya bagpack haha..... :D