Spartans Home

Tac Saturday

Frenchie

Saturday starting between 8pm/8:30pm EST I'm going to be leading another Tac Session again. I plan to play either the ACE Wounds Fallujah Dom or either a new mission or perhaps another round of Insurgency. (All depending on the number of people who show up.) See you guys there.

Edited by Frenchie

I would really like to be part of it. PLease confirm time: around 8 PM EST?

I am double checking just because usually we do this earlier in the afternoon EST time, however that should not be a problem for me.

That is correct it is going to be at 8 PM EST.

Can i please bring me gun , can i can i ...

hope i can make it its been too long ...

good initiative greetz from this part of the world ...

Soooo... AAR for tonight. I think a lot of things went well but there were certainly a lot of things that could have gone much better.

1. Communication

Almost always an issue when it comes to Tac Nights. From my perspective as a simple squad member, not being in a leadership role, I was in the dark as to the goal the whole night. I'm not sure if there were objectives and/or orders put out from "higher", but information was not being disseminated down the chain. Also, from within the squad, we have to pull in the reigns on the chatter and overall radio discipline. There was an excessive amount of useless information being transmitted. When you transmit, say who you are, who you are addressing, and then your message. This became particularly bad after we collapsed the squads down to one TeamSpeak channel. It was madness.

2. Time management

From the very beginning, 5 minutes prior to our scheduled start time, we had people finding out that their game was not properly patched to the correct version. That kind of thing is something you should have sorted out will in advance, if you commit to a Tac Night. We didn't even roll out of the FOB for the first mission until 8:50, by my clock. No way should it take almost an hour to organize 15 people and send them out the gates.

3. Mission Selection

I'm not sure what happened with the War in Takistan mission. I know this was our first go at using this scenario, but we certainly have some bugs to work out with that one. I could have very well missed something, but from what I saw, we got the "Mission success" notification immediately followed by the "You lost the war" cinematic.

As for the Insurgency port to Fallujah, it still needs a lot of work. I thoroughly enjoyed Insurgency when I played it on Zargabad, but wanted to pull my hair out while in Fallujah. I'm not sure what exactly it needs, but there is definitely a balance issue with this map. Perhaps making the "squares" bigger or some how changing the AI's spawn behavior... I'm not sure.

4. Overall

Ultimately, I think we did very well with what we were given. We can only get better from here on out and hope to see many more planned events in the future. Props to Frenchie for the organizing efforts.

- JHunter

P.S. for Zeno - In case I don't see you before I log off, "[FR] join us: ts.air-command.org:9987 pass: ackillaz"

Wish I could've been there. Maybe next week. My PC is due to ship on Monday, so hopefully it will get here by next Friday or Saturday.

Communication is almost always an improve. However it's unfortunate that the missions themselves sound buggy. :/ Better luck next time hopefully!

sorry frenchie had to work

But willing to lead a group of noobs like meself on our own channel , cause its been said i radio chatter tomutch .

(mostly if i got a plan i want people to move to the marker(S) without hesitation or (tomutch)delay ..

all for the greater cause .. :beatdeadhorse:

(or be in jour group allrighty then ..)

greetz ..

steven.

A bit of comments about last night TAC Mission.

OVERALL:

I liked it a lot. It is a different approach from other missions. Innovative systems, nice map graphic and very interesting features like the IEDs.

With that said, I do understand it was the first approach to this new MOD, therefore it took long time to prepare.

Almost 1 hour to roll out is a long time but in this specific occasion I think it made sense. There were many questions on how use the features and how prepare your Kit and Frenchie and Jeff did a great patient job informing each one of us about the features, commands and setting for what possible.

About the Wounds system:

I almost didn t notice any difference. Maybe because I was not a Medic (and I will never be). The main difference I saw is a lot of medical supplies in my backback, but I don t even know exactly how to use 'em. I was wounded a couple of times and I used the option "stop bleeding" (in the other version would be "bandage wounds"). I ve been seriously injured twice and the Magic Noobie (excellent medic) restored me. I noticed it took quite longer than usual, but is not annoying.

ONE SUGGESTION:

Better than spending such long time to start, at risk of being detrimental to the mission timing setup, It would be great if someone who has familiarity with the new MOD, would wright down a Document with instruction and explanations, being mandatory to each one to read and understand.

Some doubts and questions may still be welcome at startup, but they should be really involving less time to be ready.

A maximum of 15 minutes should be dedicated toprep and start a TAC mission.

In my opinion TAC is not for everyone. If you don t feel you can provide that minimal maturity and dedication to study a document before starting, setting your game properly and be ready to take off in 15 minutes with minimal questions, TAC is not for you.

STARTING A TAC MISSION:

This is only my personal opinion, I am ready to not be popular with this.

- You are responsible to have the game up and running at the best possible performances for you.

- All patches, required MODs, optional MODs and what ever else necessary stated on the TAC invitation post have to be GREEN and working.

- Punctuality at least 5 mins earlier than the stated starting time on TS with game full running, standby to enter Server

- Any unexpected issue on your machine, crashes, incompatibilities, TS issues or else is up to your responsability. If that happens you will be removed from the TAC roster immediately.

Any of the above missing IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. We are always willing to help and troubleshoot whoever has problems and fix issues. TAC is not the moment for that.

Edited by Batwing~SPARTA~

Batwing:

I think I agree with you on all points except your last. Seems a little harsh/inconsistent. A person shouldn't be punished for something unexpected if they took all the aforementioned precautions to make sure everything was in order for the night. The only time I could see that as necessary is if it was a more "linear mission", like the Ghost Recon missions or something. TAC Dom, not so much. If somebody gets a BSOD or their internet crashes, that is hardly their fault and no indication of their maturity level for the mission.

Sometimes its impossible to plan ahead who's going to be squad leaders and what-not, but a leaders briefing at least 20-30 minutes prior to game-time should be required as well. It's the leader's job to know EXACTLY what the objectives are, the Commander's intent, and at the very least a rough idea of how they're gonna execute. They should also discuss things such as ROE, rally points, how to react to downed soldiers, comms discipline, etc. That way, the leaders all have a clear idea ahead of time instead of just "winging it". Time should then also be given for leaders to disseminate need-to-know information to their soldiers.

IMO.

Actually Rooster, Batwing is right. We are a very helpful group, but when it comes to tacdom, the proceedings should not be held up due to the technical difficulties of one person. It seems harsh, but its the only way. However once the issue is fixed you can hold in the MC channel for assignment, Join in progress is ok so long as joiners await assignment from the mission commander.

I honestly had a blast with War in Takistan. I believe Jeff had said it earlier, it's basically just beefier side-missions. It has a couple kinks to work out but overall I think it is a great blend of mission objectives but choice in how you execute it.

damn this his some cold hearted action .

first 30 minutes was hell , but after a while saw some cool benefits . cool

can we use our DC compass here and stHUD ?

Edited by EBE