Spartans Home

GRAW 2 2 MAN CO-OP TOURNAMENT

I might want those maps for the BPR lan, we could have a go at it there.

Anybody looking for a fun weekend over easter with me instead of your parents in law, gimme a shout soon!

fri-mon lodge cost about ?60 food, ?30-40 so its not expensive, travel arrangements possible ask Mik, Panic, ...

Wanna hook up tonight (10th) mate for some practice? Cos I dunno bout you but I ain't played GRAW2 for ages.

I'll have to take a raincheck on tonight, we have the girls with us this weekend and we'll be taking them home shortly. I'm in Germany on Tuesday so first practise could be tomorrow or from Wednesday.

Best thing to do is get on some servers and play some co-op. I've been on and off then for a few months now, tie up with Athlon, he put me onto a couple of active servers.

Dai, how's the practice going?

How about we hook up tomorrow night, pulled a 20 hour round trip to Germany yesterday and I'm too knackered to try tonight. Then maybe we can have first mission run through on Saturday?

• 2 weeks later...

Dai, read through the scoring again last night and the maximum is 200, broken down as follows:

5 squads @ 20 points each = 100

3 optional objectives @ 20 points each = 60

2 compulsory objectives @ 20 points each = 40

You lose points by not killing all enemy per squad, 10 per squad not completely wiped out.

The biggest points risk is time, 5 points lost for every 5 minutes taken.

There is no penalty for respawning.

So I'm not sure how much better we can score other than shaving off 5 minute chunks.

We wiped out all opposition & completed all 5 tasks, so max 200. Our score drop was down to time, do you think we van significantly improve, maybe shave at least 10 minutes off?

Our weekend plans are ever changing, looks like we are heading off Thursday evening now instead of Friday morning, so that's going to limit my time further.

I'm good for about an hour tonight, say 8.30-9.00ish start, how does that work for you?

We can have one more crack at it to improve the score then I can post the results on FB.

Re-read the competition page and it talks about balancing the optional objectives against timing but I don't actually think this helps. If you ignore the optionals then you have a maximum potential score of 140, assuming you wipe out all enemy (between 50 & 90, subject to map size). Given that each 5 minutes taken loses 5 points those optional targets are critical to get any score over 120 and that assumes you can get an effective mission time of 20 minutes.

I think we should stick with our current MO and aim to complete every objective ASAP, try to rack up circa 150 per mission?

I'd also love to know how the stealth aspect works given that they are all over you from the start!

I'll be back available from Monday night, so we can crack on with mission 2 from then.