Spartans Home

Tac Dom April 2nd

Frenchie

After playing around with the idea and talking about it long enough on TS I finally decided to try and do an ACE Tac Dom on one of the many shiny ACE maps we have now. It will be on the Tac Dom server starting between 8pm EST and 9pm EST on Saturday April 2nd. (Since to my knowledge there isn't anything being run.)

I promise to try and not get everyone killed who shows up. And I just have to check with Zeno to make sure it will be all set to try and run.

Edited by Frenchie

After playing around with the idea and talking about it long enough on TS I finally decided to try and do an ACE Tac Dom on one of the many shiny ACE maps we have now. It will be on the Tac Dom server starting between 8pm EST and 9pm EST on Saturday April 2nd. (Since to my knowledge there isn't anything being run.)

I promise to try and not get everyone killed who shows up. And I just have to check with Zeno to make sure it will be all set to try and run.

I'm up for it. I also have a US-based server (NY) that we can use if necessary, although it only has 4GB of space for add-ons. Let me know by Friday night what you plan on running (aside from SPARTAACE) so I can upload files if necessary.

The Tac server is set up for

SpartaACE 1.9

Podagorsk

Fallujah

Lingor1.1

Lingor_units

RH will not be added to that server.

Frenchies fixed version of Insurgency for Fallujah has been added and briefly tested. Taking of Fallujah is also on this server. If you want other missions added let me know.

The strictest rules apply to this server. Every mission is to be played with a mission commander, Tac channels are to be used. Strict comms. Squads assigned by the mission commander. Turn up on TS, await assignment, then join the server.

This server is not for general use, the password is not to be given out casually and is not to be published on the forums or in game.

We now have 2 tac servers

SPARTA Tac Ace 1.9 Islands

SPARTA - OA 1.57 Tac/Islands

I originally installed ACE on the TAC server hoping that missions with or without ACE would play on it. Unfortunately the presence of ACE on the server ACEifies non ACE missions (screws them up).

Even though there are 2 TAC servers only one should be active at a time. All pre-arranged missions take precedence.

Note the TAC Ace server does not have RHweaps.

Wow, that was a really fun time getting our asses kicked. XD Hope you guys finished that third ammo cache, looked like there were loads of insurgents still out there by the time I left. It was a privilege to lead my boys in Alpha (Doppel, scorpion, GHOSTSERGEANT, Goon). Thanks to Romeo and his gunner for that crucial CAS when we needed it, it really did make a difference on the ground. First time leading a squad, I hope I didn't do too bad of a job, lol. I was getting really drained towards the end and we kept getting separated, etc. Partially us squad leaders' fault, comms seemed to drop to a lull after that second ammo cache.

It was a great challenge and a great game overall Frenchie! We fought hard one block at a time and that AI was brutal. But man I'll be damned if it wasn't fun. GG guys!

Great fun. Hard work. Well lead, Rooster. Our Alpha Team worked together to move across the northern part of the city, covering the other teams flanks.

The air support was very helpful. More so than normal Dom games.