Spartans Home

Anyone up for making a podcast?

My voice and english isnt suitable for a podcast but if you do any "paper" textreviews i'll take the historical rts chunk if your interested.

The site is only going to be a vehicle for the podcast; I don't have the time or inclination to do a full-on gaming website, and there are enough good ones out there already that serve that purpose.

I don't think there's anything wrong with your voice at all; if you change your mind and feel up to participating, now or in the future, please let me know.

As for the rest of you: PM me your bios if you want to be on the show! :)

Edited by Fatal_Papercut~SPARTA~

My voice and english isnt suitable for a podcast but if you do any "paper" textreviews i'll take the historical rts chunk if your interested.

I've never had a problem understanding what you say :bleh:

I couldn't disagree more EL_n00b, your English is excellent and your voice is fine. I think your being a bit too self critical thanks.gif

The timing is okay for me, I'll sort out a bio between now and Friday. As for inclusion in th efirst or any podcast, maybe that will be content specific, as in those with specific knowledge of the topic maybe should get first dibs?

Well, I will be at work when you guys do the first recording. This happens to be my weekend to play DJ with the centrifuges at work. Good luck guys and I am sure the first go will be great despite being a learning process. I will catch you guys on the next one.

This sounds very interesting! Like to see how you guys do with this and think its a great idea fellas!

At some point I will be interested to contribute! Maybe pop in and give some updates on projects ,reviews, tech tips etc.

Website looks pretty slick, Fatal. Good job. Just noticed one grammatical thing in Haji's profile you may want to look at again.

... waiting for the next technological breakthrough that advanced take gaming to the next level.

Looking forward to the first podcast.

- JHunter

Progress Report

Thanks JHunter, that has been taken care of. :)

I think we're ready to go; the only big item on the 'to-do list' is actually recording the podcast. In the past 24 hours, the following has been done:

* Website created. May need tweaking/additions here or there, but it is functional.

* Facebook page created.

* Website now linked and indexed through Google, Yahoo!, and Bing crawlers. Analytics for all three will be ready by the time the podcast goes up.

* Approvals pending from iTunes, Zune Marketplace, and BlackBerry Podcasts; it may take as long as 10 days from the date of the first post before users of these services will be able to download the podcast from these hosts.

* Software tested and ready to go. TeamSpeak 3 records very high-quality audio files, and I have good software that can clean up the audio and normalize levels.

Once the first episode is ready for download, I will register with a few more podcast directories.

Edited by Fatal_Papercut~SPARTA~

• 2 weeks later...

Great podcast Fatal, and all the others that participated.

I'd like to participate is possible in some new podcasts. I am much younger than you guys, but being from a different country (Brazil), I can provide some different insight regarding gaming in general. See ya