Spartans Home

Fallujah Domination.

EL_n00biachi

Hajimoto and i were talking in the ACE discussion about "The Taking of Fallujah" and that this mission just doesnt serve "us" right; it is empty and boring to be blunt about it.

So we got talking and talking on ways how to alter that mission but Zeno had just posted that this mission was not to be altered unless permission was granted by its creator.....so Haji was just browsing ARMAholic and there she was.....FallujahDom...ported by Smokey....to take the load of Zeno's back we tried EVERYTHING to make it work...we tried to make it work on 1.1 the current version of the island Fallujah,didnt work....so we tried the older version 1.0.....nope....after almost 2 hours of n00bishly trying to get it to work renaming files and basicly being ..well...n00bs...Zeno was asked to help out...ofcourse.... sorry Z we tried to not get you involved :) Zeno stepped in and in 10minutes it was done....FallujahDom! it worked and its awesome!

The past night we had 3 AO's with real tactical play and i have to say those were the best AO's i've played...its scary its filled with action its CQB....its awesome....thanks for the games last night TL's Hajimoto and Grizzly and players...awesome as always.

Again thanks to Zeno for setting it up in 10 minutes....gotta let go of your secrets tho! :) thanks to Haji for finding that Dom version in the sewers of Armaholic.

So...i strongly advice everyone to try it out; get Fallujah1.1 if you dont have it already..... here and join the server if its set on Ace FallujahDom,or set it yourself.

Requirements are:

SpartaAce1.9

Fallujah1.1

Right now it has all the standard ammoboxes etc...but im sure that will change soon.

It would be a good idea to report here in this thread what you think is missing or what kind of weird buglike events you have encountered....but ill tell you...this Dom will be played for months im sure...so start downloading.......join the server! and start Dominating Fallujah!!

Edited by EL_n00biachi

I have been asked to see about removing a few things

Fixed wing aircraft (that are already there and bonus aircraft)

Disable MHQ Teleporting

Heavy armour

I will then add a few things as well

Ammo box - Same contents as the other Doms

Add RH ammo boxes

I will split the Humvees into 2 groups

a - respawn at base if destroyed

b - respawn at base if not used for 3 mins

With no MHQ for teleporting, people will respawn back at the base. They can then use the "boomerang" humvees to get back to their comrades. However with a few people on I imagine they will be revived.

Smokey lightened the armour in the AOs which is appropriate and will make this more infantry based without the need for "Air Support"

If you think of anything else please speak up.

Im probably rushing this idea but i was wondering if it was possible to have MainAO's popping up at the airbase, the dam and perhaps 1 in a swampy outskirt just to mix it up a bit.

I have modified Fallujah Dom, the new file is called Domi ACERH Fallujah.

The vehicles that bounce back to base if unused are the SUV's everything else respawns if destroyed.

There is one Cobra, this will respawn after 1 hour if destroyed.

Ammoboxes added/modified

CSW's added

Except for the TOW variants I cant find desert camo strikers, is this an ACE thing.

I added a coouple of Bradleys and Striker (tow variant) and the usual humvee selection.

I will redo the base as it seems a bit haphazard at the moment.

Had a great time playing the Fallujah Domination MOD (Fall-Dom) yesterday and throughly enjoyed the CQB/Urban setting. I appreciate the new AO's and could not have asked for a tighter group with minimal losses. Domination is familiar to all that played yesterday, so it was like being in our backyard which was obvious by the teams efficiency in getting the work done; preparation equals performance. Good to see Steele back from his vacation which was bad for the enemy as he and Worm put the smack down on the AO from the air to soften up the AO before we rolled in.

MooseMoose was able to join on our later AO runs and experienced the tactical razors edge that is Grizzly, hope you had fun MooseMoose, look forward to seeing you on more often. You know when a MOD is good because it lures some out of hibernation (pardon the pun Grizzly) and we were able to keep the medics busy with our very own Troy Polamalu, GON5 who was back on the server. I felt bad when I had log off (1:30am) as Yoshi, Chris and a few others were just spooling up.

Fallujah and Domination were meant for each other. As n00biachi has said, it was a conversation that we were having that morphed into me hosting different flavors of Fallujah in an attempt to wash out away the bad taste of 'The Taking Of Fallujah' (from now on referred to as TTOF). I consider myself a moderately advanced user when it comes to hardware and software troubleshooting but was unable to get Fall-Dom to work as it was looking for the earlier iteration of the Fallujah map which was based on a couple of external references which has since been included within the newest versions.

It was our intent to play test and evaluate the Sparta worthiness of Fall-DOM, but after a couple of hours of futile attempts to trick the .PBO into accepting the new 1.1 map, I humbly asked Zeno for some guidance on how he had in the past, been able to convert or modify other DOM's to work with newer content. Well in typical selfless fashion, Zeno downloaded the Fall-DOM MOD and in minutes made the necessary edits needed and added it to Sparta's server and in the rotation! I was just looking for a few pointers on how I could get it going locally and Zeno gave the whole kit and kaboodle!

Thank you Zeno again for being so helpful even when it is not directly relevant to Sparta. I do agree that you have to keep somethings in your breast pocket but come on man, your wearing a backpack! Give up the info! Teach a man to fish' sound familiar? LOL I kid ya Zeno but just in case you hold a seminar, please give ample notice.

<SEGUE> Who handles the implementation of the Robert Hammer Weapons Pack? Is it possible to have that added to the main base?

Edited by Hajimoto

I have been asked to see about removing a few things

Fixed wing aircraft (that are already there and bonus aircraft)

Disable MHQ Teleporting

Heavy armour

I will then add a few things as well

Ammo box - Same contents as the other Doms

Add RH ammo boxes

I will split the Humvees into 2 groups

a - respawn at base if destroyed

b - respawn at base if not used for 3 mins

With no MHQ for teleporting, people will respawn back at the base. They can then use the "boomerang" humvees to get back to their comrades. However with a few people on I imagine they will be revived.

Smokey lightened the armour in the AOs which is appropriate and will make this more infantry based without the need for "Air Support"

If you think of anything else please speak up.

I hope this is a typo. Three minutes till respawn seems to be a tad short. Dismounting to take an obj could take a bit longer than that. Perhaps add a zero to the end? Or is there some other reason for this that i don't see?

There is a bug with ammo box, probably connected to RH boxes.

Lots of gear is laying on the ground around ammo box. Most likely when someone does not have RHweapon he coses that or vice versa. There was no issues yesterday.

Map is very laggy for me when 7+ players

I have made some changes, the latest filename is Domi_ACERHa_Fallujah, if it works without problems it will be added to the rotation.

Layout

The Base layout has been modified so that it is less dispersed than before and hopefully the assets are more suitably grouped. In the last iteration I removed the Jet Service since there are no Fixed wings.

MHQ

The parameters do not disable spawning at the MHQ so I have removed them altogether. Now 2 MTVRs and 4 IFVs can load/drop ammo boxes (can also use the Ammo point). They are marked on the map as T1 and T2, and IFV1-4 in green. The idea is to stay with your squad so that you can be revived by them, If this is unpopular I can of course reinstate the MHQs.

This version is running on the server now.

Awesome Zeno,this will slow down the gameplay ALOT,some logistics, more teamwork, better tactics...being dependent on your teammates>> a tighter group will also cause less unknown reports on TS wich means>>> fewer reportings that have nothing to do about the situation where you are in the AO because the person talking is alone on the other side of the AO.....a tighter group means almost everything said on comms affects your own "neighbourhood".

I really hope that everyone will like this setup, it is the ACE server afterall where people are expected to use more and better tactics and not sit on hilltops with an ammobox wiping out entire AO's...or "run n gun>>Respawn at MR1"...etcetc

noob, you fail to notice there is no way to wipe Fallujah from the hill top, cuz there is no hill tops, no tall buildings to snipe from, no way to use javelins.

Buildings infrastructure is just to dense, you cannot look inside AO as before.

Map is promoting teamwork, sort off. But that always was on players side not a map.

Its also punish those who play in really small groups due to armor presence in AO. You just cannot carry enough AT/AA to take all armor down. Sure you can load ATV or humvee but that limit your mobility.

As for so called "reality" there is no way any commander would trow less then company to capture this kind of objective. You guys are sending fire teams and cut all ways to support them.

I don't like it.

noob, you fail to notice there is no way to wipe Fallujah from the hill top, cuz there is no hill tops, no tall buildings to snipe from, no way to use javelins.

Buildings infrastructure is just to dense, you cannot look inside AO as before.

That is correct,but there are alot of tall structures 1st and 2nd floor buildings to snipe from.

The javelins are semi usuless because its not fit for an urban environment,thats where the MAAWS and METIS come in to play....i see no problem here and havent experienced any...in fact taking out armor has never been more fun imo...the thrill of a BTR fe driving down the road while you're standing around the corner waiting for him and then put that MAAW right in the side is an awesome rush!

Map is promoting teamwork, sort off. But that always was on players side not a map.

Its also punish those who play in really small groups due to armor presence in AO. You just cannot carry enough AT/AA to take all armor down. Sure you can load ATV or humvee but that limit your mobility.

The map FORCES you to use teamwork. On the other islands it was always optional; because air assets and hilltops make sure the armor was non existent by the time people entered the AO...almost naturally people let the teamwork slack because the AO's were all open and there were\are usually only soft targets left.

I dont agree that it punishes those who are on the server with less than 5 players because there are side missions that are pretty tough....there are squads all over the map\city...rushing towards a sidemission will get you killed.......i was on the server last night with just a handfull of players and we did a few side's and that worked....later on when more joined we turned to the main AO.

Expecting to assault the main AO with 2 or 3 players is kinda silly.

As for so called "reality" there is no way any commander would trow less then company to capture this kind of objective. You guys are sending fire teams and cut all ways to support them.

Obviously its a bit abstract,its a game afterall...if i were the commander of redfor i wouldnt let my forces drive around in a big red circle either.....

Give it a chance.

Sorry Peter I am not sure what you dont like.

I have removed the MHQ and the fixed wing aircraft.

There is still a Cobra and 6 vehicles that can carry ammo boxes and you can still call for an ammo drop.

I am not a realism freak but I do appreciate teamwork.

Ideally what would you add back to better balance the game in your eyes.

Remember it is not my intention to change all the doms to this format, this is unique to Fallujah.

I think removing option to spawn/teleport at MHQ is not good.

I can live without fixwing, even if i really like to fly.

No spawn at mhq waste my time, instead of playing im forced to drive each time i die from base to AO.

Point of having mobile spawn was not to waste this time and keep all guys at list in same area.

Now there is part witch fight and part witch is busy getting in to AO.

I believe teamwork is not something you can force, it just require players who like to play as a team and understand the idea of team play.

I see all those changes as attempt to temper some of "too enthusiastic" players who express too much emotions on TS. To draw certain people away from the game.

Edited by peter~SPARTA~

I have had an opportunity to play Fallujah quite a bit since it was introduced to the ACE server and have come to some interesting conclusions. I originally thought the "no MHQ re-spawn" was a good idea, but I question it now as there are a lot of variables that the map Fallujah itself alters as it relates to the typical DOM experience. Fall-DOM appears to focus its missions within the foot print of the city which is 16 sq km packed with multi level structures.

These structures offer REAL protection and cover unlike the false sense of security of taking cover behind a tree or other vegetation on other maps. Because of this line of sight protection, friendly losses are greatly reduced. The D30 emplacements are ineffective in Fall-DOM due to the same LOS issues, again less causalities and the casualties that are experienced, always have the revive. The only thing the "no MHQ re-spawn" does is make it hard for the late arrivals or the poor guy who looses connection, to re-spawn back at base. If Fall-DOM had medic only revive or a distance from squad no revive rule, it would achieve the desired result of limiting the run-and-gun tactics or rogue operative support.

It is obvious that Fallujah is a completely different environment and offers its own challenges which need to be realized before we can effectively make changes. I have noticed that a fair amount of players who once informed of the "no MHQ re-spawn" leave because of the work it takes to get to get to the action. I have witnessed a stock pile vehicles left scattered around the AO that were used as transport to the action. This requires a fair amount of diligence by the community to return these assets so they are at base for the next groups use.

I think the rules that exist on other DOM's, should be in place for Fallujah, It minimizes the confusion caused by changes in the basic core DOM specific features that players have come to expect.

Edited by Hajimoto

I am also for the MHQ availability.

I played for a bit yyesterday and this map is Amazing, however when played at the higher difficulty level, may pose an interesting challenge to the players.

Although of course we should be very good at cover our Six, real thing is AI still kill us pretty good, meaning I saw my entire squad of 6 going down yesterday when we got in a sort of surrounded area.

Definately a lot of adrenaline running but then.. it resolved in a sort of scattered players driving back to get back in the action.

Again, teamplayer is something should come from the Players. Unfortunately the Map cannot enforce it in the correct way.

People jump on vehicles at base and drive away. Before leaving they don t ask, don t wait for teammates to complete their payload. They don t car-pool.

You just see ppl jumping on the SUV (if you are lucky) or any other asset with wheels and run away.

With that said, I see 2 kind of solutions:

1 - MHQ available for standard "unformal" server enjoyment

2 - MHQ not available for specific game sessions denominated Tac-Dom

In this way, everyone should be happy. Also, we do not perform Tac_Dom that often anymore, so ... I would give option 1 priority.

EDIT:

I just had another idea:

This is a urban warfare, I don t see too much the opportunity to lift MHQ or other assets with choppers and fly around. It just doesn t sound "real".

Why don t we remove the lift chopper availability exeption made for a possible Wreck chopper?

Let s sorta force to have Convoys to protect MHQ movements.

Let s Have Blackhawks only for troops transport and insertions.

Possibly add more Wrecks related to assets we lose.. Tanks, Bradleys, Linebackers.

Is it technically a problem to have those assets translated in Wrecks to recover instead to have them simply respawning in base?

I like the idea if we lose an asset, we need to go, recover it and fix it to re-use it.

Edited by Batwing~SPARTA~