Spartans Home

OC Q6600 M3610 acer

EBE

ello

So i was looking for a new bios on the net (nothing there that worx ..)

Then i came across a program called ; CLOCKGEN (v105) :poster_spam:

the thing is you have to find the same settings i the PLL_setup that matches your PC stats (cpu/fsb)

(i got ICS950405 profile ) it matched my settings (2.4 / 273/ 333)

did some tests on it Benchmark (3Dmark11 free version) was good ..

WHAT you need ; CPU-Z (free program )(google it)

> CLOCKGEN < ( i got v105) (DON'T !!! apply current settings at start up !!! )

(unless it worx :baaasmiley: )

SO manualy set it back everytime !!

maybe test with ; 3Dmark11 or something else ..

so if you got ...

DELL

or

ACER or what ever... maybe this post helps you out to overclock ya PC a bit!

( i got from 2.4 ghz to, 3 ghz ) :MSNWINK:

Edited by EBE

Ebe,

besides the ability to OC, you really need to monitor your Temps or you will fry eggs on your machine and.. you could add your CPU to the next Eggs and Beacon breakfast you will have....

... which is something doesn t taste too good....

Google a program as CORETEMP, but there are several you can find useful. Rule of thumb, do not trust monitoring software coming with your PC, for some reason they have been proved not consistent.

Also, a sfe OC means your PC doesnt BSOD on you in the middle of your games. To test if your CPU can keep up with the speed, you need to use a program called PRIME 95 which is a stress benchmark and have it running for arund 30 minutes.

It will push your CPU to the top and will show if the cores are making errors. if that happens, throttle down your speed, because ure CPU is not stable.

So, good OC is a mix of:

Speed

Temperature

Dependability

If you had an AMD, (Not the start of a flame war of AMD vs Intel/nVidia, but sure sounded like it huh? :rolleyes: )

AMD's Fusion and Overdrive programs (you can download them in AMD's driver section, not part of Catalyst) allow for a decent amount of control and provide some decent feedback as well in terms of Temp and 'clocking. ButI'd say this is mainly for the Black Edition processors (Example 955, 965 Deneb Black Edition) and some mid range to high end AMD GPU's as far as overclocking and relaying info. Fusion is way more simple and some basic power settings and GPU/CPU OC options. Overdrive allows you to clock your core memory, individual cores, etc etc. Also more in depth tools like benchmarking, stability testing etc etc.

I like CPU-Z and GPU-Z though as they give alot of information that Fusion doesn't. Overdrive does give about the same but you have to find alot of it, CPU-z is helpful in that its all there in one place practically though.

ello

As usual THX batty :allgood:

I got SPEEDFAN (4.43) has always woked fine ...

Got your program PRIME 95 (64bit) going for over 30 min.

My cores didn't get over 50 Cel. :thumbsup: ( but i got fan with + 4000 RPM )

So i am good ... :MSNWINK:

as always good support (word up)

(the reason i put up this post was for many people have the standard packages (PC's DELL or ACER ect.)and they coud not OC so this was heads up from my end as well ) :rolleyes:

Edited by EBE