Spartans Home

VIDEO - GR:IT Hidden Spectre for PC Gamer

Fatal_Papercut~SPARTA~

I know I am a bit bias because of my participation in the mission and felt the tension first hand but, this was some powerful cinema! Excellent job Fatal_Papercut on the production and editing, TOP NOTCH work man! I have watched the video 3 times already and every time, I see something new that I was oblivious to previously.

I say once again, TOP NOTCH!

Outstanding work Fatal, that's the best yet those 18 minutes certainly livened up my lunch hour!

I'm glad I've had the chance to take part in these and that my leadership skills haven't gotten us all dead.

Looking forward to the next one and seriously looking forward to the original missions, GREAT news Lighty!! :thumbsup_anim: :New_Zealand_etc: :winner_first:

F'in awsome work Fatal that is THE best ArmA video I have seen bar non.

Great work Watchy and everyone else involved, was a pleasure to play alongside you all.

One thing though, how come no one has told me to STFU before now? From now on I'm doing a ZENO and muting my mike

THX to be a part of it ... and for you all to put up with me ..

I see know ; what had got me killed hahah fun (i neglected (a)the hole in the fence )

And to be honoust not lying to one self this is sometimes, (even) hard for me to understand what you want from me, and at the same time understand what you are telling in english (if i am pre occupied ) (remember i speak dutch (dialect ;flemish )

mutch practice i need still (yoda)

We shoud have more camera angles maybe two people to tape ?

Edited by EBE

We shoud have more camera angles maybe two people to tape ?

You have read the thought that has crossed my mind many, many times EBE. :)

I've seen the footage that Dai-San has recorded from his machine, and it is of the same quality. The benefit of having two cameras would be substantial; one to cover the team, one to cover tangos, or an opportunity to cover all team members when they fragment into separate elements. Each camera is bound to capture something great that the other will not.

Besides, with Dai as cameraman, he would indeed have to STFU. :)

P.S. All of this talk reminds me of one of my favorite songs from by of my favorite musical groups (albeit in one of their least popular incarnations, minus Jon Anderson and Rick Wakeman).

Yes - Into The Lens

Edited by Fatal_Papercut~SPARTA~

beautiful stuff again FP - could watch that all day.

and to enhance the moment even more - i want to announce that i have commenced work on the original Ghost Recon campaign - cold, cold - it's too cold for me.

Between the awesome Lighty missions, great Watchman leadership and top notch filming and production of Fatal_Papercut, one feels like there should be money involved! All of your work is equal to or above the quality level of commercially produced materials. So that being said, to keep things on the topic of money.............. please feel free to send Hajimoto any unwanted cash, jewelery or precious metals to satisfy any urges of giving.

Thank you and goodnight!

Awesome video.

I would love to take part in the future. It's funny, I've been forced to take a backseat to gaming recently because I was offered / took a full-time editing position (one in a million). If I couldn't offer my sweet ARMA skills I would love to help with the post-process, if you would have me. I don't think my gaming machine at home would be able to capture at a decent frame-rate with all the bells and whistles turned on, but in terms of editing / color correction / titles I would love to be involved. If anything you could shoot me the original video and I could cut a trailer or something.

EDIT: I forgot to add, I have access to thousands of effects if you ever wanted to "spice it up". Explosions, muzzle flashes, impacts, dirt charges, glass hits, blood spurts... Full disclosure to the audience of course.

Edited by Phisher~SPARTA~

...If I couldn't offer my sweet ARMA skills I would love to help with the post-process...If anything you could shoot me the original video and I could cut a trailer or something.

EDIT: I forgot to add, I have access to thousands of effects if you ever wanted to "spice it up". Explosions, muzzle flashes, impacts, dirt charges, glass hits, blood spurts... Full disclosure to the audience of course.

Believe me, I wish we lived in a world where that would be a simple request--the average total size for the game footage from one session is 155GB (this recent video generated 169GB of video for me to sort through. If it were practical to transfer such huge amounts of data, I would be happy to share the footage with anyone and let them have a go at it.

As for special effects, their use is strictly a personal preference. I prefer a "clean" look for these Arma videos; the software I use for editing has all sorts of fancy features, transitions, and effects that I have no use for, at least not with my current projects. If I were to ever do a scripted movie, I would probably consider using filters, time-stretching/compression, and who-knows-what-else.

The one thing I am planning on doing that I could always use help with would be music composition; I would like to do a video with a completely original score. I have a complete recording studio in my basement (nothing fancy, but more than adequate for my needs). However, it would probably take me three times as long to compose and record music for a 15-minute video as it would to edit 15 minutes-worth of footage. Anybody that would be willing to grant me royalty-free use of their compositions would be given due credit and greatly appreciated. I would prefer to have the the data as MIDI files so that I may tweak it, but I would also be willing to accept and use produced compositions if they fit the theme and mood I am going for.

Thank you for your kind offer. However, at the moment, once we have completed a filming session, the duty falls to me to do something useful with it.

Good news for Kavlarakos and anyone else that wants a nice, HD copy of the recent video!

I have completed a second render in the WMV format; while it is not of Blu-Ray quality, it is much better better than what you get when you watch or download YouTube's 1080p version. The file size is 1.27GB.

You can right-click this link and choose 'Save Link As' to download it. If anyone has any problems using this link, please let me know.

I will also make new renders for the other two GR:IT videos and provide links when they are available. I am currently shopping for shared online storage solutions, but in the meantime, I'm hoping this DropBox account will work.

Edited by Fatal_Papercut~SPARTA~

Awesome dude!!

The reason Kav is not able to watch this youtube vid might be because you're using John Powell's music wich might be blocked in certain countries.