Spartans Home

Robert Hammer's Weapons Pack active!!!

Jeff~SPARTA~

its live! for those who don't have it, get it HERE

just to note, its up to 3 (yes, 3) boxes. they're the big ones. for the russian weapon lovers, they're in a box next to the mortars.

last note...some of the RH weapons don't have mags in their particular boxes. the main box at the flagpole should have them in it. if, for whatever reason, the main box doesn't have em, let me know what weapon, so i can run down the mags for it.

the right lingor map is the one with "RH_WEPS cam" at the end of it.

enjoy the excessive firepower gents!!

Jeff

Edited by jealco

Any chance we can get rid of all the duplicate weapons, or maybe even all the SMG's?

The load times now are rediculous and many of us feel the new weapons are pretty unbalanced and not terribly good. Plus, nobody even uses the SMG's. Personally, i think 1 RH box is plenty as there are only a handful or worthwhile guns in whole bunch.

my $.03

goon...thats part 2 of the project. now that we've had them for a bit, and people have had the chance to use them, we can talk about thinning the boxes down some.

i think a valid start would be to remove unneccessary recolors (such as the Mk18 black, desert, tan; leave just the black, say.)

as for the SMG's...i acually use a few of the MP5's out of it on occasion. the rest can probably be dropped.

we'll have to get together and sort through the list.

Jeff

The load times are high, I would like to reduce them. Before we do the trimming I will take out 3 boxes to see if it reduces load times on the server.

There are 3 mods running simultaneously on the server, We used to only have one, this could also cause the load time issues.

We shall see,

Goon, something to remember as well. ACE load times are climbing slowly with every build...i feel it every time they add a bunch of new stuff (damn 2GHz dual core lol.)

you may try testing w/o roberthammers weps upon joining the server. it actually isn't neccessary to load in, nor to play, and may speed up your load times a bit (but you won't be able to see the RH weps people are using to shoot the AI :P)

Jeff

Its ACE that causes the terrible load times,taking out guns or other mods wont do much good....it would be a shame to mutilate the RHwp just because ACE is causing high loadtimes....it doesnt make much sense.

Edited by EL_n00biachi

been covered noob. what i will say, and i'm sure you'll agree, is that we don't need 3 camoschemes of the same weapon. so, there's trimming to be done as it stands.

the pack won't go away. there's plenty of useful toys in there, and plenty of people who use them.

Jeff

Can we apply the same trimming of functionally equivalent but cosmetically different guns to the main ammo box as well? I'm not a huge fan of having my Metis shunted off into a Russian RH box to make room for 17 different colors of M4. Makes it more difficult to reload in the field when you can't grab ammo from the one box we can call in. I'll admit that I'm not a huge fan of the RH pack as it seems the weapons very poorly balanced/modeled in parison to the regular gun, but if other people want to use them it's no skin off my nose.