Spartans Home

Need some Beta Tester's this weekend! -UPDATED 3.12

SirSmokalot

Hi fellas I was wondering if anyone would be interested in Beta testing some new and updated stuff!

If anything we will test in Operation Arrowhead at best, but if we need to run in just ArmA 2 that's fine.

What we will be testing is the following:

-Updated CBU's (new textures, script improvements, model improvements, etc)

-New weapons for the F-111 from the ANZAC mod. Its not the F-111 myself and another friend were working on but it works beautifully! I've transitioned my weapons over to their F-111 and have made an addon to their addon(....funny sounding isn't it).

-NEW Co-pilot/ Weapons officer script by Nuxil! This script enables the co-pilot to either guide missiles via TV guidance system or regular "maverick type" lock and fire system. Also almost finished is a PAVETAC turret system that allows the co-pilot to use an optics turret (purely scripted) to target targets and laze the targets. More on this as it develops since this is technically still in Dev, but the above TV guidance system works!

So we will be testing some major improvements to the F-111 for public release next week. We (myself and a few others from various mod teams) are working out the major glitches now and will have a package for testing hopefully by Friday, so look for it!

Also I don't know if we will need a dedicated server to run this from but if things work out from a client "hosted" test, it would be nice to test this on a dedicated server if one is available. I'm also making a simple mission with targets, no frills......but if someone has a more in depth mission or an air campaign type mission that would be fun to test, I can work with you and give an Alpha package to build off of that has the classnames.

As a final note we are first testing this with standard CBA and ANZAC mod and will provide links later tonight if needed, but will not be testing with ACE....YET. Testing with ACE will come after we finalize the package and there's no problems, then isolate issues later within ACE. So far from my testing I've found little to no problems with running new weapons with ACE, but the script when finalized is unknown.

More to follow so stay posted!

Edited by SirSmokalot

I mentioned it earlier and might as well post links, but the following are needed as base addons:

ANZAC (will be using the F-111 only for time being)

Note: No need to download AAW which is listed as s required addon as it isn't needed for what we are using, you can if you want but for infantry units not including pilot classes)

Download the following and install in order:

1: ANZAC Version 0.87 (Packed 0.8 &0.85 together, Self designation to distinguish, no major revision changes, beta designation and easier upload package):

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20120964/ANZAC_87_rar

CBA (Community Base Addon)

To keep consistency and ability to connect lets all use the same version from 3/08/11 v0.7.4.151

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6231

These will be used in addition to the package I'll have later in the week, feel free to play around with the ANZAC mod in the meantime as there's some good stuff like the Tiger and other stuff!

Edited by SirSmokalot

hey, smokey, while i'm thinking about it....if you and your guys can make the PAVETAC turret script work well, the ACE dev team would probably appreciate it, since they're having issues getting the Su-25 and MQ-9 laser turrets to rotate and laze properly. just a thought, take it or leave it...

also, i'd be more than happy to test this as well.

Jeff

if im on when you are doing testing i will help out.

~goon

Goon sorry didn't give you a date or time. I'd say Friday evening we can give it a go. Depends on Nuxil (from bisforums) and if he has a working script to test for this weekend on the Co-pilot interface, but if that isn't ready then we can at least check weaponry and other things. He might have something tomorrow! He's got a camera and ability to lock targets and fire, he's working on interface and 3 monitor glitch.

hey, smokey, while i'm thinking about it....if you and your guys can make the PAVETAC turret script work well, the ACE dev team would probably appreciate it, since they're having issues getting the Su-25 and MQ-9 laser turrets to rotate and laze properly. just a thought, take it or leave it...

also, i'd be more than happy to test this as well.

Jeff

Well the scripting is up to Nuxil as he's the one that came up with it tailored for this.

Guess they are coming across the problems I encountered a long while back in ArmA with this thing. Countless hours lost trying to get a turret to work on a plane!

The turret function is limited to tanks and helo's which is unfortunate.

But the scripted camera will allow for more functionality to be honest. Imagine how difficult it is for gunner on a helo and having a pilot keep it steady...magnify that by 10

To give you guys a little idea of waht were basing the "PAVETACK" script on:

(Not sure if I've posted this before)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmVjyuawVew

I think I heard Steel or Yankee in that video.

More details to be following soon....I promise ;)

"...someone hit that one too.." @1:51

I can easily see this happening in game play

Edited by SirSmokalot

Sorry I didn't have something ready last night.

But as a progress report, thought I'd show you whats been done so far with the Co-pilot "PAVETACK". There's some fine tuning to be done along with "looks" of interface....but here's waht we got so far on this part:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyv1_YWSYPk

Last night I finalized configs of my Cluster Bombs and unfortunately decided not to expand on them with the Mine dispersion or BLU-97. Those my come later but focusing on just the Mk-20 and CBU-87.

The CBU-87 I did some Texture refinements, but I want to do some more tweaking as far as "materials", the "feel" or "touch" of the bomb as far as surfacing.

Here's what it looks like with new textures less materials for surfacing:

5520283762_d90f484d4c_b.jpg

I've improved the "effects" and sound!

Also improved the models on both the Rockeye and the CBU87:

More to come soon!

Trying to get a video together.

PAVETACK still in the works though.

Some slight model changes for realism:

5525327999_86ab7d9774_z.jpg

5525927928_ba37d844f8_z.jpg

Edited by SirSmokalot

Final touches:

5533776717_68c0b1ab31_b.jpg

Now do those look real or what?

5534388994_b285ea5746_b.jpg

I finished the texturing and modeling of the CBU's...FINALLY!

Also updated effects; I'll have a video soon!

As far as the F-111 is concerned, I went down a rabbit hole that led to a dead end. So back tracking to some configurations that work better! More on that to come