Spartans Home

TACTICAL MISSIONS

DaiSan

OK... Even at the risk of people taking offence I HAVE to get this off my chest.

I know it's been a while since we all played Tac Dom nights and old habits die hard yada yada but there are a few basic things that I expect people to realise and try to adhere to.

1: If a Thread is posted on the forum regarding a particular mission that is being scheduled, rightly or wrongly I see it as YOUR responsibility to make sure you have all the relevant mods/addons in place and working ready to start at the stated time. There are always people around well ahead of schedule that can assist you if you need it and the server is always up and running so you can jump on, vote yourself admin and try it out to make sure your sorted.

2: If you join a mission then please take it as read that it is going to be run under TAC rules. This means COMMS should be tight, weapon selections should be appropriate and we try and play as a TEAM.

Now, I'm going to explain the way I expect things to run if I'm leading a mission. If YOU are leading I will happily give you the same level of courtesy so please extend it to me.

I believe in K.I.S.S and will never Micro Manage. I believe you are all good, experienced players and as such I trust YOU to keep yourself and your team mates alive and safe. I will elect a Point man, I will give him a destination, and unless I want to go via a particular point I will generally give him carte blanche on what route he chooses. What I DO insist on is that EVERYONE else trust his judgement and follow his lead. If he uses the landscape as cover to move then do the same, DO NOT skyline. If he is standing, Stand. If he crouches, crouch. If he drops to walking pace, walk. This should proceed down the formation so it is like a wave. Point man crouches, man behind crouches, man behind him crouches, etc, etc. I am not saying you need to move exactly in his footsteps (unless we are crossing a minefield), If we're in trees then use them for cover, but be sensible for christ sake.

I really love playing with you guy's but PLEASE, let's put the TACTICAL back in our Mission play.

Rant over.

Understandable, no offence taken.

It can be frustrating in the TacDom server, more so when you're TL but with clarification like this we can only get better.

On a related note, I wouldn't mind ten minutes with you outside of game play just to run through addons. I appear not have any problems and haven't been bounced from the server......yet but having listened to many talk throughs to help people out my setup doesn't follow what is being suggested as the way to go.

Not critical, more interested in why mine still works!

Edited by Watchman