Spartans Home

CRYSIS 2 DEMO (MULTIPLAYER) official

NoScream~SPARTA~

play it & post the verdicts.

Could not login with my original NOSCREAM account from EA so had to make a new one: NOSCREAM2

MY VERDICT: First hour.

Opening points... from the off you can smell console port all over this, CRYTEK claim it's not but everything you see & do is console orientated. From the settings (lack of) to the play style & speed, reflects the console culture of fast action & high kill rates. That's not to say it is not fun or can be adapted but out of the box the Multiplayer has little skill & little to do with tactics, it's all a regurgitation of all the other games & game types.

What is nice are the graphics but nothing new, lending itself to the graphics of QUAKE & UNREAL, it blends in with those and brings nothing apparently new. I was expecting a Wow... and some sort of new thinking from CRYTEK but the only new thinking they seem to bring (in my opinion) is the thinking of 'MONEY'. Hit all platforms with a fast shooter & get loadz'a money.

If you like TACTICS, THINKING, BLEND OF PACE & CUNNING, stay away from crysis 2, if you like fast action, run 'n' gun, frag with friends then BUY BUY BUY. Battlefield BAD COMPANY 2 has buckets more thinking, blend of pace.

I do hope the rest of the MP not shown & the co-op (squad play) brings more than this.

Over all, first hour 6.5/10 for graphics & control, I'm disappointed but thank CRYTEK for the DEMO before release.

If you were an original Ghost recon player or the later GRAW, you'll not find this game comfortable.... :beatdeadhorse:

Still I will give it more time and see what else it may offer besides 'XP' points level ups (like Battlefield & console world).

p.s. Make sure you have the latest graphics drivers !!! (to avoid low frame rates). Also you have to make your own desktop shortcut.

Im not a big fan of the MP for this game. Never have been. I really wish it was a SP demo instead. This is too much of a console play than my liking. :( The graphics are nice though. Hopefully we get more choices in the graphic options for the full game =P

I don t think I am gonna give a shot to this demo.

I am not a big fan of run n' gunz and if I want to play that, i will jump on the BF BC2 servers. In fact as said above, on that game there still a sort of tacticism and cooperation if you are lucky to play in a Squad who cares about it.

Crysis series for me was entartaining (when not crashing) on their SP story. I am wondering if I want invest 60 bucks for a single player game when I felt in love with Mass Effect 2, the best SP ever, and it costs only between 20 and 30 bucks...

Viiper, do u see any substantial difference (graphic, settings, other) from that leak version was out recently ? Theoretically, for a SP standpoint, that would be already enough...

I don t think I am gonna give a shot to this demo.

I am not a big fan of run n' gunz and if I want to play that, i will jump on the BF BC2 servers. In fact as said above, on that game there still a sort of tacticism and cooperation if you are lucky to play in a Squad who cares about it.

Crysis series for me was entartaining (when not crashing) on their SP story. I am wondering if I want invest 60 bucks for a single player game when I felt in love with Mass Effect 2, the best SP ever, and it costs only between 20 and 30 bucks...

Viiper, do u see any substantial difference (graphic, settings, other) from that leak version was out recently ? Theoretically, for a SP standpoint, that would be already enough...

The demo is stable, the graphics just as good as single player leak, sound is spot on, sound field definition is excellent (direction of footsteps etc). Single player leak felt like a different game, sneaky action shooter, Multiplayer demo feels like a frag apocalypse. maybe a private server or custom maps could make it special?....

There is a dedicated server, editor & join via IP support.

Second Hour of play:

After the Second hour of play I've reached level 7 and things are looking up slightly. At level 5 you get to open up CUSTOM KITS & that's where the fun really starts. Up till level 5 you are basically cannon fodder but @ level 5 & above things get better with new kit, attachments & nano suit powers adding up to a custom fighter that becomes more tactical. Why? I don't know but you'd have to play above level 5 to see why.

This demo only gives you nine nano suit unlocks max but the game says there is more..... looking forward to that, might even pre order....

What a difference an hour makes.

p.s. it's still fast paced but if there were voice comms with friends it could be a little sexy.......

Third hour of play

It's getting no better, the peak of excitement it the new addons, XP points are mute, the maps are too small & the action is 80% run 'n' gun (for me).

Overall I don't see legs in this title (lasting a long time), it's too shallow in it's idea, the CRYTEK engine does not deliver crytek's dream (or mine).

I will try the campaign demo when out....