Spartans Home

DCS: A-10C out!

evilducky

Ok, now i will wait another little bit to see how it worksd as final and then, maybe i ll approach this 60 bucks Sim :)

Glad to see they got in Final tho... They were looping around the landingstrip for way too long now.

RC1 = beta... not gonna buy until finallized

I though RC1 = release client? Am I mistaken?

“DCS: A-10C WARTHOG” Released

DUXFORD, UK, February 21, 2011 – The Fighter Collection and Eagle Dynamics now offer “DCS: A-10C Warthog” as a digital download for $59.99.

Purchase "DCS: A-10C Warthog" at:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?end_pos=1322&scr=shop&lang=en

"DCS: A-10C Warthog" is a PC simulation of the U.S. premier Close Air Support attack aircraft. This is the second aircraft in the DCS series, following DCS: Black Shark, and raises the bar even higher in the DCS series. Warthog brings the most realistic PC simulation of a modern fixed wing combat aircraft in regards to flight dynamics, avionics, sensors, and weapon systems. You also have the option to play Warthog in "Game" mode for a casual game experience. Fly missions in the Caucuses region of the Black Sea against and with a wide array of air, land and sea forces with new and improved intelligence. Create your own missions and campaigns with the included Mission and Campaign Editors, and fly with and against friends online using the included online game browser.

Key Features:

• Fly the A-10C “Warthog” in either realistic or game modes.

• Fly missions in Georgia and Russia.

• Interactive training missions shallow the learning curve dramatically.

• Rich campaigns and single missions included.

• Multiplayer cooperative and head-to-head.

• Mission and Campaign editors allow user created content.

• The most realistic flight dynamics ever done for a PC simulation.

• Huge array of land, air and sea units to flight along and against.

• Ability to command ground forces during missions with radio commands.

• Fully interactive Forward Air Controller (FAC) that helps you find targets.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/series/warthog

System recommendation

Operating system: 64-bit Windows XP, Vista, and 7

Processor: CPU: Core 2 Duo E6600 or AMD Phenom X3 8750 or better

Memory: 4GB

Hard disk space: 7 GB

Video: Shader 3.0 or better; 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT DirectX 9.0c or better

Sound: DirectX 9.0c-compatible

DirectX®: 9.0C

About The Fighter Collection:

The Fighter Collection, as well as developing software for the entertainment and serious game markets, also operates, rebuilds and maintains Europe's largest collection of airworthy WWII fighters and is based at Duxford Airfield, in the UK. For more information visit our websites: http://www.fighter-collection.com/

Edited by evilducky

Hmm...

This is true...RC = Release Candidate

However the ED post says "released", which makes this announcement a bit thricky.

Well, all of this marketing operation for this game has been quite thrricky... so, how do you know at this point the real difference between "Beta 6" and a "final" release which is gonna have a patch anyway next month?

In the normal market the only difference between a Beta and a Final is that you dont pay for a Beta, but know they broke this rule... so there is no more difference really :)

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

I am in the process of upgrades but this is one of the ones that I want.

and for your listening pleasure....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYLPoTNnKAk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMaQPpgaY4Y&feature=related

Edited by Steel~Sparta~

I have to be honest with you,

I love Sims and I still fly on LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2 (waiting for expansion FC 3) but I refused to get involved with this A10 sim.

Listening to ppl who enjoy it, it is definetely a well done sim. Clickable cockpit is a great enhancement to the previous LockOn series Sim. On the other end I think what really holds me to get into it, is the "passion" for the aircraft itself.

Potentially this Sim would take me back to the time when i enjoyed Falcon 4 and its derivated. But that was the Fantastic F16 !!! That Sim was like this one, a massive clickable cockpit with a great avionic reprodution, but the Star of the Day was the F16 ! No comparison, I am sorry.

If they decided to come out with a new F 16 Sim, I would be totally lost in it. F 15, as well. Of course i don t even go to F 22 and F 35 (amd i guess they are seriously protected from getting "real" Sims due to TopSecret matter).

Buttom line is, I have no passion for the A10. I do agree about its valable role as Air Support but I have no motivation to invest hundreds of hours on this Sim to master it.

I would also like to get a review of A-10C from people who play the game (sim)

the price has been lowered a bit.

Thanks Spartans.

I must warn you about this sim.... it is a sim not a game. Every nut, bolt, screw, rivet, switch, and gizmo is modeled with complete accuracy. So is the avionics, and the threats. That said the manual is OVER 600 pages and the langage used in it is military jargon. There is not a glossery with an explaination of terms. If you are not a veteran of flight sims you can expect to invest several hundred hours learning just to fly, navigate and land.