Spartans Home

Battlefield 2142 patch 1.51

Hajimoto

00336061-photo-battlefield-2142-570x427.jpg

*** UPDATED 18 FEB 2011 - ALL MY LINKS HAVE BEEN REVISED AND ARE ACTIVE FOR THE 1.51 2.0GB PATCH ***

Recently a lot of us have been talking in here about Battlefield 2142 and how it offered some of the best out of the box game modes ever put together. Some like my buddy Batwing say it is just a nostalgic self serving recollection of something a bit less worthy that when revisited is far less than we remember. Others like Medic think the title legitimately offered some great game play that was simply tarnished by bad DRM and unstable punk buster implementation. I want to step up on my soap box a bit here is say a few things. The marketing of both hardware and flashy marketing schemes has brain washed a huge portion of our gaming community into thinking it is all about the graphics. Those of us that truly get into the games we play, can honestly say that in the heat of the moment we are completely blind to all the eye candy, we instead are focused on the timer or the re-spawn of that certain item or staring at a location waiting for movement so we can pounce.

The proof is in the pudding (as they say) and was driven home with the release of a game title called MineCraft. Here is a game with the graphic equivalent of 8 bit Lego blocks, yet is the most played game in recent history. The game was awarded PC Gamers Game of the year award (click here to read more) so obviously there is more going on here than flashy graphics or fancy marketing. It's about the game play, it is about what brings us back to a game or in some cases, never allows us to leave.

I am not saying that flash and cutting edge visuals do not offer a level of awww, I am just saying good looks fade but personality is forever. So please, those of you that bought into the hype that a good game must be powered by the latest 2 million dollar graphics engine, think back and remember, it was Pitfall Harry's personality or Mario's charm that kept us interested not the flash.

That being said.. <Hajimoto steps down and kicks the soapbox to stage left>..... Now on to the real story!

As most of you know, I am a huge Battlefield 2142 fan and throughly enjoyed the Titan mode. For those that are unfamiliar with Titan Mode watch this 3:17 training video for a better understanding. This video captures how a Titan is attacked and ultimately destroyed utilizing a team effort. There are many other modes offered by BF2142 but the one that offered either side equal opportunity to turn up the heat on each other was Titan Mode.

[YT]0x9m58Vol1c[/YT]

All this being said, the folks at EA released a patch that corrects somethings while adding a whole lot more. Here is a list of the major changes that come with Patch 1.51:

• No DRM on the BF2142.exe file.
  • Northern Strike free for everyone.
  • Whole bunch of new maps including Strike at Karkand 2142 and Operation Blue Pearl.
  • Account security updates.

The patch is available all over the internet as it is being hosted by tons of loyal bloggers and fan sites. This patch eliminates all the installation headaches that plaqued the original distribution. Patch 1.51 is 2GB is size and installs over existing installs. If you do not have it installed, simply drop in your DVD, ISO or Digital equivalent, install the game and apply 1.51 patch, thats it! You now no longer have to keep the DVD in the drive and 1.51 installs the expansion Northern Strike for free!

[YT]3Y873cTMj-o[/YT]

NORTHERN STRIKE

Battlefield 2142 offered it all, Aircraft fast movers, troop transports, fast land vehicles, armored personnel carriers, Mech walkers, battle tanks and more weapons that you shake a stick at. I realize the title is over 4 years old and there are certainly some great titles currently being played but how often do you see a game developer produce this much content 4 years after the fact? That alone speaks volumes to community following as well as EA's commitment to the Battlefield Franchise. I hope to see some of you on the battlefield operating one of the mechs or podding landing on the deck of a Titan after being launched from an Armored Personnel Carrier.

Hajimoto_FOYI Brigadier General OUT!

Edited by Hajimoto

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I installed the game, however I cannot connect the server.For all the emails I might have used it says my key is registered to another account.

I installed the 1.4 patch and am downloading a second version of the 1.51 patch which appears to be bigger. The first said A newer version was already installed.

Welcome to the debockle! I had to do the online chat with them to get mine to work. But from DICE and EA i expected as much from their older games. If you read thru the support for a couple of hours you can find the c/d key regestry fix.

I got mine fixed due to im the kind of guy that will sick with it untill fixed. If you don't want to fall into the propaganda downloader, the 1.51 pacth is here from a nice free friendly sight.

http://www.bigdownload.com/games/battlefield-2142-northern-strike/pc/battlefield-2142-15-patch-full/

http://www.fileshack.com/file_download.x/23998#

or here

http://www.atomicgamer.com/queue.php?fileID=90263&serverID=4&key=444b8ae0430827940d8a50260b4478fe517ef6c0&window=90263

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

Installed 1.40, 1.50 then 1.51 now I am ready to go.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised at how inconsistent the installation process has been for everyone; I had no issues at all. But C&C: Red Alert, another EA-published titles, seems to switch registration details at random between the six "persona" that I have on my EA account, and all because EA apparently requires a different player-name for each online-enabled title.

Halli, Have you seen the disk repair small machine out now for awile? It polishes out the scraches to be useible again and they are cheap to buy at your local wallmart.

Toothpaste is supposed to work on small scratches

Let's make this happen: on Saturday, February 19th, I will be pestering all of you that have posted in this thread, trying to lure into joining me for a few rounds. No set time, really, but certainly by noon my time, which would be 2pm EST and 7pm BBT (Big Ben Time). I am not terribly familiar with other time zones outside of the US, so for those of you in other parts of the world, please contact you local Embassy for more information.

Let's make this happen: on Saturday, February 19th, I will be pestering all of you that have posted in this thread, trying to lure into joining me for a few rounds. No set time, really, but certainly by noon my time, which would be 2pm EST and 7pm BBT (Big Ben Time). I am not terribly familiar with other time zones outside of the US, so for those of you in other parts of the world, please contact you local Embassy for more information.

I'm going to try to pick this up on the way home, as you've all convinced me it packs some fun. Already commited to tomorrow's 8pm BBT ARMA2 Ghost Recon run out so I might have to catch up with you another time.

Alright .. alright.. you Spartans !!

You convinced me to get this thing up and rolling :)

If we r gonna play together, I am all for it :)

now, I will dig my old stuff box and i will find BF 2142 and I am downloading patch as we speaking..

I should be up and running by Sat 2 pm EST :) It has been so long i didn t play this game I can t recall anything, only thing I knoe Titan was my fav mode as well.. so I hope I will remember how to use it :)

I spoke too early.

Looking at the previouos posts I was thinking the download process could be a breeze, but i have once again second Athlon feelings about how EA sucks at this stuff.

Unfortunately Haji links to EA source are useless. Not Haji fault, EA is a nightmare for that.

The only good link is the one Athlon provides with Atomic gamer, but you have to get here first or the download will not start:

http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/90263/battlefield-2142-patch-1-51-final#

The other interesting thing is that googling this patch, all the major references are to a Beta released last December... instead to go straight to a Final release...

I already feel this installation process will be a pain, but I will give it a shot, in the Sparta name !

I will keep my finger on the pulse of this event and will do everything in my power (well....let's me reasonable about that) to attend and blasticate some fools! I am not sure if someone has a Platinum version link so other can EVALUATE the games potential?

Got the deluxe edition which included Northern Strike. Only problem is, when I follow the link to activate NS it takes me to the EA Battlefield site but with no option to activate the bloody add-on!!!!!

Any suggestions?????

I'm logged in and it sees my BF2142 soldier ok.

Got the deluxe edition which included Northern Strike. Only problem is, when I follow the link to activate NS it takes me to the EA Battlefield site but with no option to activate the bloody add-on!!!!!

Any suggestions?????

I'm logged in and it sees my BF2142 soldier ok.

Just install the Deluxe Edition and apply patch 1.51 and your done, they are giving NS away free now and is included in the 1.51 patch.

I spoke too early.

Unfortunately Haji links to EA source are useless. Not Haji fault, EA is a nightmare for that.

Batwing - all the links that I posted are active and I just downloaded it again to make sure. They are performing correctly and I am downloading at 2.5MB a sec.