Spartans Home

Some Rules on the Private Servers

Gunthar~SPARTA~

Is there a way that we could get a good clear and concise set of rules for people playing on the ACE and Dom servers so that we can have a clear set to follow and enforce while playing that allow people to play the servers in the manner they are intended. Mostly looking for some guidance from ZENO and the others so we can get a reference.

Gunthar

Gunthar, the rules are the same as they always have been. The link Yoshi posted covers the majority of it.

I have been noticing lately that the server game play has been getting a bit sloppy. People lone-wolfing with aircraft, comms are almost always a mess with very little mission relevant information getting passed, etc. These are all things that we, members or not, need to all tighten up on. I understand that everyone wants to play in the manner that is most fun for themself, but you have to also realize your style of play might upset other people. If it does, and you're approached about it, do not get pissy about it.

The point is, remember where we came from. Remember what we're about in this community. Keep that in mind and "rules" become unnecessary.

- JHunter

While I can agree that the play on the servers has become sloppy we need to put some guidance out about reiterating these rules to people on the servers in order to make it fun for all. In addition to rules there needs to be a clear sequence of events for those who choose to break them and ruin the fun for others. Something like

If you want to fly an attack aircraft (A10)get in the pilot slot: 1st time you don't you get warned; 2nd time you lose your flight privileges for a week; 3rd time your flight privileges are revoked; 4th time your kicked off the server.

We need something clear and concise so when people get ignorant about things we can say hey the rules are here they state this if you want to ignore them then please do it somewhere else and don't ruin the fun for everyone here. I hate to be a pain about it but in a lot of cases here lately people (I will never call anyone out) are playing on the servers as if it was COD (ie ripping up an AO with an A10 before anyone gets there and without request, deploying the MHQ in the AO as an instant spawn, spreading equipment all over the map and then leaving, breaking a helo and leaving it out in the middle of no where, destroying things and not picking up the wrecks, having a group agreement of a plan of attack in a tactical manner and two people para jump in the middle of the AO to . These are just the things I have seen over the past 2 days. Any opinions on this please let me know.

Gunthar

Gunthar, the rules are the same as they always have been. The link Yoshi posted covers the majority of it.

I have been noticing lately that the server game play has been getting a bit sloppy. People lone-wolfing with aircraft, comms are almost always a mess with very little mission relevant information getting passed, etc. These are all things that we, members or not, need to all tighten up on. I understand that everyone wants to play in the manner that is most fun for themself, but you have to also realize your style of play might upset other people. If it does, and you're approached about it, do not get pissy about it.

The point is, remember where we came from. Remember what we're about in this community. Keep that in mind and "rules" become unnecessary.

- JHunter

Being sloppy and trying new things are two completely separate things. If everyone on the server agrees to do something and then you do it then you never harm the playing experience of others. In some cases yes I have gotten upset and unleashed my fury on an AO however it happens once a month if that I am referring to those that do the same things every single time. Everyone has a bad day this is the purpose of having something in place to ensure these bad days don't get people kicked or alienated. All I was asking for was a clear list of do's and don'ts updated for ACE and the new maps from people who still play every day to know and follow to ensure those who are on every day dealing with Rambo tactics are not driven away from the servers by these tactics.

Gunthar

The guidlines Durka posted were for the public server.

The private servers should always be played like Tac Dom. A plan of attack should be agreed upon, then followed.

Ace in particular needs coordinated use of attack aircraft because of the limited carrying ability of the individual.

If there are few of you relaxed comms is ok, but when there are more thab 5 you need to tighten up, because it becomes impossible to filter out useful info from the inter friends banter.

It is a joy to play in a tight group with well balanced comms, it is hell to play when there are 10 people all talking over each other.

However this must be self policed, if the chatter overwhelms the gameplay, call for comms. If that call for quiet on comms is repeatedly ignored send me a PM.

Just find the balance.

Yep and to all those reading this NO you can't fly into the AO and soften it up!!!! Hahaha

Really though guys there is no need to jump in an A-10 without the Ground troops asking for the help all you do is take away the enjoyment of the others to

capture the Area and it is quite selfish.

:pilot::ranting2: ............ use this --------> :bike:

Is it ok then if i drive the A10 on his wheels in the AO ,

or get an chopper with an M1A stil attached on the cable and move thru the Ao like this, hahaha

Serious know i' ve been around for a almost a year know (gues).

I haven't encounterd these things, this looks like it happens in your central time code .(i am in europe)

Cause when i am on everybody asks can I do this or that to all those who are playing (me included)(on all the servers).

But most off the time we don't mind if some one soften things up on veteran mode .

Mostly there is only a couple of us so ..,

I am like the rest ;the first one to say THX thats enough for know .

so RSPCT its all about the fun ,

I see people can do more if they got there spirit ON (aliveness)

( So the curtancy is 2-ASK !! )

:thumbsup_anim:(truth cannot be constructed nor confined)

Edited by EBE