Spartans Home

New Island

Gunthar~SPARTA~

Well being the glutton for punishment that I am and my growing interest in the editing portion of making maps and missions I have decided ( at my on sanity's peril) to take on the task of a recreation of the battles surrounding the city of Stanley during the war in the Falklands. This project will take a while and being as its my first ever attempt I was hoping to secure some support from the guys that are in the least bit familiar with this process. I do have a basic understanding however once it comes down to the hard detail work people that are familiar with the area and conflict along with people who do not mine a little bit of tedious work would be much appreciated. Once the map is done I am hoping to get further help with the transfer of dom and eventually ACE to the map to see what we can do with it. As I said it is a big undertaking so I will be working on it for a while so patience is a virtue. Just thought a post was warranted since its something that we all will eventually enjoy. Any thoughts or input is always welcome as long as it is constructive.

Gunthar

i think BIS is the place to get help - its where i go and those modders know their shit.

you sure you want to build an island - their may be one out there which fits with falklands.

technically, once you get to mission building i can assist but that would be a long way off if you build the map.

gluck with it

Lighty

Well being the glutton for punishment that I am and my growing interest in the editing portion of making maps and missions I have decided ( at my on sanity's peril) to take on the task of a recreation of the battles surrounding the city of Stanley during the war in the Falklands. This project will take a while and being as its my first ever attempt I was hoping to secure some support from the guys that are in the least bit familiar with this process. I do have a basic understanding however once it comes down to the hard detail work people that are familiar with the area and conflict along with people who do not mine a little bit of tedious work would be much appreciated. Once the map is done I am hoping to get further help with the transfer of dom and eventually ACE to the map to see what we can do with it. As I said it is a big undertaking so I will be working on it for a while so patience is a virtue. Just thought a post was warranted since its something that we all will eventually enjoy. Any thoughts or input is always welcome as long as it is constructive.

Gunthar

After a while i get bored with LINGOR to i gues

So good effort on your side here Guntar

looking foreward to it if i may say so meself.

Sounds like a cool project, i'd definitely play a couple of Falkland Islands missions for sure!

There is an ongoing thread in the BIS forums concerning the Falklands that may be of use to you: Linky

Edited by Rolf

That is the one i have been using however he never finished it so I get to figure out what to do in order to import roads and start building the actual vegetation and buildings. I will get it however i have decided to work on a CQB map and work my way up until I get a thorough grasp of the methods to do this.