Spartans Home

possible weapons pack

Jeff~SPARTA~

a few nights ago, jack and i were sitting around, and discussing some of the gaps in the ammobox, such as a general lack of HK416/417 variants with ACOG's. after a few minutes of discussion, and a little poking around at armaholic, we found several weapons packs by robert hammer, who actually made the HK416/417's and the immensely popular M14 RCO we use now.

i have downloaded all of these weapons packs, and compiled them into one big pack. i would ask that anyone who is interested in what is in here, download the pack and look through it, and determine whether or not you would like to see some or all of these weapons added to the servers.

for the curious, a very much abbreviated list of what is contained within this link follows (please note that these weapons have a very large variation of optics and grenade launcher attachments):

ACR

Masada

HK416/417

M14/Mk14/M21/SOCOM II/M1ES1 (all M14 variants)

M60 (M145, ACOG, and Holo sight)

M4/M16 (i know we already have a bunch, but they came with one of the downloads, whether i wanted em or not)

also included is the pistol pack (this list is by no means complete, just a general idea of what is in there):

Desert Eagle

Colt Anaconda

Colt Python

Taurus Raging Bull

Kimber M1911

Mk22 Hush Puppy

the majority of these weapons are already ACE compatible, so far as i can tell. i will attempt to test them further as i go to explore the latest version of domi as well.

as a last note, i would propose that we make this a one-time download, and do not attempt to follow downloads after this. this way, we don't have to play the version chase game many of us already do with ACE.

download away, comment away, and, if you feel the need to, flame me (PM preferred, so that we don't disrupt the main point of this thread!)

Link: weapons pack download as i uploaded on a free acct, i don't know how long this will last. if it goes down, let me know and i will re-upload it.

Jeff

P.S. Zeno, i just realized i forgot the server key in this file. if the community wants this pack, i will upload the server key somewhere for you.

Edited by jealco

Don't mind if this pack gets added as I tend to stick to the Mk17 EGM RCO these days. Some of the pistols sound fun, might give those a go.

On a related note, you mentioned the M14 with RCO, always been an M14 fan but haven't seen an RCO version just ACOG. Is the RCO one in ACE?

If that's the case then the Mark 17 RCO is way better for me than the M14 ACOG. The graduations are more accurate and my hit % is far higher with the Mk17. I am only using the versions currently in ACE & vanilla OA, so I'll try this mod to see if I'm any better with the included M14.