Spartans Home

Battlefield 3

Pretty pictures. What about content? Apparently BF3 has a single player storyline, a switch from previous BF2, 1942/3, etc. But for MP-no command/tactical functions? Is this really a plain fps like COD?

See the other BF3 thread on actual DEV info.

http://www.legionofspartans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7896&pid=67114&st=0entry67114

especially this

http://www.legionofspartans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7896&view=findpost&p=67114

At the end of the day it is not ARMA Series and I pray it never ends up as..

More info is comming inc. open beta 4th April (31st march for customers of previous EA BF games inc BC2).

Did someone say pretty pictures?

picture1.jpg

picture2.jpg

picture3.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Viii is looking for something more than COD style games but faster paced than ArmA. I played a bit of BFBC2 and I can see where he is coming from. Cod is mostly running round in circles choosing only whether to go clockwise or anti clockwise (I know if you play on a closed server with limited lives COD can be very tactical, but on the whole it isnt). BFBC2 maps are bigger than COD with more scope for squad tactics. I would play it more but it doesnt play well on this machine. If BF3 takes another step towards ArmA in terms of expanse but with better graphics and better urban play it will be a good game.

Remember we arent all looking for the same experience from a shooter. BFBC2 and maybe BF3 fill a huge gap in FPS games IMO.

I never had a problem, Don't run, just die tired. Its a EA game, so i think most of the cussing will be getting it to run along with punk buster, just to get it to play.2142? BF2? LOL!

Remember that signature you have that reads like this:

"Direct X10! and theres no going back to CRAPPY OLD games!"

Well Ea or not the time has come where your statment is true and if you don't give it a chance you'll miss

the bus. We have to just move on sometimes and this will be the first game that will not support XP DX9.

I never had a problem, Don't run, just die tired. Its a EA game, so i think most of the cussing will be getting it to run along with punk buster, just to get it to play.2142? BF2? LOL!

Yeah Punkbuster has always been a pain in the ass, but that's Punkbuster's fault, not EA or DICE. But PB seems to certainly run a hell of a lot better these days. I've had zero issues with getting kicked due to random PB nonsense in Bad Company 2, so maybe they've finally figured out a solution.

BF2142 and BF2 were another matter, however...

Well lets hope that EA has learned from their past debockles, and this one is going to be a good one, LETs prey to the great gameing gods for a decent game not loaded with clusters and problems and plays good, maybe they screwed up and made a good one this time? and not a eye candie cluster. We will find out HUH? Hopefully I won't have to add this to the not going back to the crappy old game list! I know that EA is just the publisher and not the maker. But from there past track record i will remain sceptic.

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got this off of Megagames site.

If you are impressed by Battlefield 3?s screenshots and videos, then take note that they are all taken from the PC version and the console versions will have lower graphics quality.

DICE executive producer Patrick Bach has revealed that the console versions of Battlefield 3 will lack the "higher resolution, the higher framerate, the anti-aliasing, the motion blur, stuff like that" that were shown in the trailers released so far.

Of course, the PC exclusive graphical effects will be available only to the tiny fraction of PC gamers who have high end DirectX 11 capable rigs.

TAKE THAT YOU CONSOLE KIDDIES!!!!!!!!!