Spartans Home

New FPS Breach only $12 on Steam

Hajimoto

Probability of purchase  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

breach.gif

Breach is a first-person multiplayer shooter that arms you with a Destruction Toolbox — a whole new set of real military tactics that are not possible in any other military game. Use these new tactics to shock, manipulate, and obliterate your opponents. Join the CIA's mysterious Special Activities Division as it executes deniable operations. Breach brings the clandestine world of black operations to life with accurate weapons, gear, and unique real-life spy gadgets that you can earn based on your performance. Shatter the conventional tactics of other games. Your Destruction Toolbox makes multiplayer combat much more like the real thing.

[YT]8ncsZZICRiw[/YT]

HAJIMOTO REVIEW

The download is about 1.5 installed size is 2.0gb in size. The game play is a first person shooter with equipment acquisition that is very similar to COD in that you earn credits/points to purchase weapons, perks and gadgets. The game comes with a dedicated server (which was buggy at launch but has been revised and functions) which allows for custom settings in a SERVER.FILE. The stand alone server can be had HERE. Players also have the ability to host there own local server and participate in the battle.

Graphics are complimented by some very cool options like destructible structures, bridges, fencing, walls etc allowing for a dynamic environment and awesome opportunities for low profile sniping scenarios. The map sizes are good and offer great cover elements that can be utilized as dynamic environmental damage for splash damage. Graphics are very much like that of Battlefield Bad Company 2 and the game uses the Hydrogen Engine. The game offers active cover which acts a lot like Gears of War or R6 Vegas series in that you can place your back against walls, low walls, barrels what have you and be allowed to see over the obstruction to see what is coming and defend your position.

The game play seems balanced and offers some pretty familiar game modes and some that are new and refreshing. The game offers a FF and hard core so it makes for a more realistic anti-rambo playing field. The game is fairly CPU dependent which is good for the dedicated server user in that graphics are not needed but the common guy that hosts a game and wants to join in on the action better have a fairly robust rig or else server lag is going to be felt by all other players.

The movement mechanics feel clunky at times and weighted. Players have an anticipated expectation of a result in any given situation and I am not able to put my finger on exactly what it is, but that expectation is just a wee bit off. Maybe server lag, maybe input lag maybe muscle memory. After tweaking the hidden file BREACH.INI to correct some mouse super sensitively issues, the aiming improved greatly. The sound needs work, positional sound makes you think you are constantly being followed or being bum rushed as your footsteps heard in your right or left ear and not distant center.

All that being said, I really like the title and feel that it has a quality that worthy of more of my time to see if I can acclimated to its flavor of the somewhat crowded playing field of military first person shooters.

I score the game 74%.

GOOD -

• $12 (Great Deal)
  • Active cover.
  • Dynamic environmental damage.
  • Fresh game modes.
  • Dedicated server.

EH -

• Very slight input or server lag.
  • No/poor host migration
  • Bad positional sound.
  • Non intuitive menu system.
  • Substantial CPU requirement.

Test System • i7-920 @ 4.2ghz • 6GB 1600MHZ RAM • 2 ATI 5870s in Crossfire • Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty PCIe

Edited by Hajimoto

Ok, I got it :)

Batwing First Impression

RATE: 3.5 out of 5

UPs:

- Price

- Simple

- Destructable environment

- Cover management

- Fast

- Interesting game modes

DOWNs

- Simple graphic

- Map reading a bit confusing and no Map full screen

- No team managemnt, need to be on some sort of TS if you are looking for interaction

- Sound

- No medic

- No vehicles

All in all is a nice cheap entartainment. I was thinking to rate ir 4 instead of 3.5 because of its price, it works and give some action, then I remembered another game very similar to this one, it was out 2 years ago and was totally FREE (unfortunately cannot recall its name), so FREE is still better than $12.

Saying the graphic is similar to BF BC2 is a bit of a compliment. Honestly I found the graphic a bit poor. It is a feeling of missing something. A feeling of missing some sort of connection with the environment.

We have been spoiled with titles that give us immersion to the environment such as dirt, dust, something moving around that is just there because it would be there in a realistic scenario.

Here the environment is "to clean to be real" and gives you a feeling of "cheapiness". Textures are too "clean" but is a feeling a bit difficult to explain.

However, these comments have to be measured with the price tag. It s 12 bucks, so do not expect a CoD or BC2 title that tags 50 bucks.

About innovation I don t know what to say. All of these games to me they seems the same. Besides having different "names" for what you do, dynamics are what you are used to do all over the board. Here "Capture the Flag" is called "Canister" but is... the same soup.

You will find all of the major game modes you are used to have in bigger titles, which is a PLUS once again considering the price tag.

I loved they cloned the Vegas feature to use Cover and sneak behind corners. That is a feature I always liked and wondered why is not part of all shooters.

So, trying to keep it short, what you got with this game?

You have another Clone of many other big titles. You DO NOT pay 50 bucks to get a clone.

You have a fast pace shooter, with medium nice graphic and extra goodies as destructable environment and gadgets.

You have all of your pleasure of unlockable items and I hope some items will be "innovative", otherwise you have basically to unlock everything you already have in BC2 or CoD over and over again.

So, a good 3.5 stars. Doesn t break your wallet, will give you some entartainment, will be forgotten soon :)

Let s get together and play sometimes ;)

Playing Breach and enjoying it. Much fun! The play is good, though constant patching will improve it. Not sure you can track all of the destructible elements in this game and still handle all the nice graphics like Dust and such. You'd end up with Crysis, a machine hog.

It's definetly worth $12.

I've put 10.5 hours into Breach. Sadly, I think that's as far as I am going to go with it. Perhaps I'll join a game or two if I see a few of you on the same server, but otherwise I have what I feel are much better shooters to play.

It's not a terrible game by any means, but other than the cover system, Breach doesn't offer me anything my other current shooters are giving me (and I can always play the R6Vegas games if I want that). Quite frankly, I've played user-made mods that are of a general higher-quality than Breach.

On the positive side for those that do enjoy the game, I think the release date and price were a good call. With the possible exception of Brink--about which I know very little--I can't think of any big-name multiplayer-focused shooters that are due out very soon. I believe this will help extend the life of the game, since there is nothing big & shiny in the immediate future that will draw the current player-base away so soon. Cylawyer also mentioned something to me that sounds feasible: the release of dedicated server files is one-half of the solution for extending Breach's lifespan. The other key would be for the devs to release tools to allow the community to make mods/maps for the game. I applaud the devs for releasing the server files; even if they shut down, those that wish to continue playing will have the means to do so without relying solely on laggy player-instanced connections.

Edited by Fatal_Papercut~SPARTA~

• 2 months later...

Atomic's Breach is dead! (said like L.A. Style's

)

I have made my final post to the Atomic forums regarding this title and wanted to share it with all of you. Below is a screen shot of my final post to the topic "Developers silence is a death sentence" which if clicked, will take you to the complete thread on breachgame.com.

breachdeath.jpg

These game developers just don't get it....... well... actually they won't be getting it again!

Edited by Hajimoto

i had this game in my hand getting ready to buy this...well needless to say i put it back on the stores shelf and walked away :? if Developers don't want to respond to clients post then BLah Blah......

Regarding support for the game, we answer support questions at supportATatomicDOTcom daily. We also monitor the forums daily for technical questions.

Seteaza-ti semnatura

Breach Communications Team

That was posted on the 18th of April lol

:finger: :allgood:

Edited by EL_n00biachi

man I am glad I did not waste a single dollar on this game... let alone 12

Edit: I also want to add this is the reason that so many players "aquire" the game for free instead of buying the game. If the developer is going to take the money and run then you can expect the player(s) to take the game and do the same.

Edited by Steel~Sparta~

It seems like a lot of the modern developers have this idea that they can create a game and release early it without having to follow up to see if it needs to be fixed. I don't think that's been the norm since the DOS days.

Its because of the internet developers know they can just patch it if need be....in the old days you couldn't do much patching...unless you wanted to send 1mb through a freaking BBS over Packet-radio....wich would take 5 days lol my brother used to be a sysop on a BBS; those were the fun days on a clear day talking to some dude in eastern Europe...oh well....it seems like the internet made developers lazy and they've taken it a step further...they now just start abandoning games entirely