Spartans Home

Company of Heroes

KalXen~SPARTA~

• 2 weeks later...

Company of Heroes has become quite popular, I enjoy the game immensely. My preferred gameplay is coop skirmish, but others do enjoy adversarial.

If you want to play against others please say so and we can see about sorting out some friendlies.

I have also tried the Eastern Front and Normandy mods, both are excellent but require a lot of practice (and I already have to learn 4 factions). One of the advantages of the Eastern Front mod is that all factions can be played with no Population cap. I only recommend these mods once you have exhausted the stock gameplay (which is very rich).

There are also custom maps that can be added when we have exhausted the stock maps. When we move onto them we will do a map pack of the favourites.

Eastern front Mod

http://easternfront.org/forums/index.php?topic=2236.0

Normandy Mod

http://companyofheroes.filefront.com/file/Normandy_44_European_Theater;109139

Could someone post some clear/easy to follow instructions on how to install these mods for Steam CoH- I DLed EF and installed it into steam>steamapps>common>company of heroes but I get an error when i try to run it.

EDIT - Ok took some major digging to find my solution. There are posts in the EF forums saying you need to edit the registry etc. and I wasnt about to mess around with that. What I did was run the launcher, go to settings, and then in the lower right hand corner theres a dialogue box you need to set to the CoH folder. Anyway, it works now.

Edited by BrerRabbit~SPARTA~

its great fun. myself, killerbees, gambit, warzero, frenchie, crownroyal and EMT have some rather epic brawls, and have recently started using custom maps. its quite the experience. anyone who is looking for a partner for comp stomping, or even the odd adversarial match, should holler at me.

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a CoH vet, and have been playing the CoH Online open beta for months.

In OF I am kind of stuck at Lvl 5 PE. I have not installe dit on my new PC, but I will go do it right now cause I've been waiting for some pals to play this with for years, nobody has taken up my challenge!!

I trust there is no issue with steam version playing retail.

:winner_first:

Edited by Rocky

It is being played every day so far R0cky and all versions match if you have Vanilla (me) you can still play with those that have the expantions you just don't get the extra's.

Good to see ya around, the guys have also been playing a lot of left for dead 2.

disc%20dog.gif :dog:

Just bought it at Steam cause jeff etc were playing it....and uhh...they left me behind to play on Ventrillo...those bastages...tried one game coop with some unknowns...and i got rushed in like 13minutes or so lol....boy do i suck.

Edited by EL_n00biachi

Just bought it at Steam cause jeff etc were playing it....and uhh...they left me behind to play on Ventrillo...those bastages...tried one game coop with some unknowns...and i got rushed in like 13minutes or so lol....boy do i suck.

Hey n00biachi, the last time we played I took a screenshot of your performance meter.

suckometer.jpg

As you can see your reading is in the upper range of the scale, therefore it is confirmed, you suck!

• 3 months later...