Spartans Home

Cheap Handguns for Home Protection

The use of quality ammo is highly recomended, no hp or russian ammo in it.

If you're going to be shooting with any regularity, which you should to stay proficient, then the cost of ammo soon eclipses the cost of the gun. It'd be cheaper to buy a better gun that can handle the crappy ammo you'd use for practice as well as the good stuff you load for defense, than it would be to have to practice with good stuff all the time.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Springfield xdm. Great gun.

Or

Remington 870. Got one next to my desk. Handgun is next to the bed. I live in an apartment on the second floor with one entrance. If someone is in my house, I'm automatically pinned and cornered. So I'll be blasting away. I have no kids, so I'm never more than a step away from a gun and my gf is a pro at shooting both of them.

I'm leaning more heavily on the 870. Not only is it cheap, but it's preferred by many people. There's absolutely nothing else I would be using it for except home defense, so the cost may or may not be justifiable depending on the level of risk of a break-in. At this point, it is entirely acceptable and I will be looking for the best deals in the coming months. If I get the 870, I will most-likely get a nice flashlight to put on it. The light and the cocking of the 870 might be enough to deter almost any intruder and keep my wife/daughter from seeing a grisly scene.

Theres no way you can ever ban guns in the US because while the normal people will be unarmed itll take 50 to a 100 years befor the criminals run out of guns....if ever.....they'll have a field day for decades....

The best thing you can do if you dont like guns in the house is to get a panic\saferoom.

A good 870 can be had for ~$300 used. Mine sits under my bed (the only reason for a man living alone to have a bed skirt is to hide a firearm). I went with a longer magazine so it's got 6 rounds of 00 buck in the mag plus one in the chamber, each one hitting like 9 rounds of 357 magnum. The 870 is America's favorite HD gun for a reason.