Spartans Home

Steam Sale 1/1/11 - StarWars fans

Oh my god... I am ashamed of myself !!!

I just bought that pack.. excitement.. new year.. Starwars content... never been on Steam before.. only 5 bucks.. all of this cluttered my mind and reduced my perceptions...

.. I should have feel my Spider Sense tingling.. I guess it did, but I was just inhebriated by this new experience.... and maybe still some postumes of the hangover coming from last night :)

However.. I had "flags" and i decided to not pay attention, my PC was trying to tell me "not do it!!!" in every possible way. but i didn t listen...

There were flags.. while subscribing a new account.. i had to try 7 times to enter that stupid un-readable anti-bot code... I should have been listening ...

There were flags... When i had to receive the email confirmation to activate and "continue" my purchase, Hotmail "crashed" (never happened in 5 years I am using it) and it was refusing to open my email... another "sign" the Digital Entity was sending to me, to stop that insane idea to buy that pack.. I didn t listen, instead I changed my email to my secondary Gmail account, and I by-passed the issue... I should have been listening ...

So, final thing is that this "amazing" pack is a collection of games between 1996 and 1998, running in a DOS Box..

So, my first lesson on 2011 is:

1 - Activate your brain before move your hands to get your credit card

2 - Dont trust the "big deal sales" by default, if they are awfully cheap there has to be a reason, just double check first...

3 - When you get "flags" and unusual "signs", stop one second and think twice, someone is just trying to help :)

However, good thing is only 5 bucks.. and if this was my stupid thing to do in 2011, well, i m glad I got rid of it with minimal damage :)

As side note, don t you think it should be forbidden selling games 16 years old considering the modern technology? I am OK with the "old memories" ... but that stuff should be just on a repositary for free.. My 5 bucks could go toward something different :)

Edited by Batwing~SPARTA~

Oh my god... I am ashamed of myself !!!

I just bought that pack.. excitement.. new year.. Starwars content... never been on Steam before.. only 5 bucks.. all of this cluttered my mind and reduced my perceptions...

.. I should have feel my Spider Sense tingling.. I guess it did, but I was just inhebriated by this new experience.... and maybe still some postumes of the hangover coming from last night :)

However.. I had "flags" and i decided to not pay attention, my PC was trying to tell me "not do it!!!" in every possible way. but i didn t listen...

There were flags.. while subscribing a new account.. i had to try 7 times to enter that stupid un-readable anti-bot code... I should have been listening ...

There were flags... When i had to receive the email confirmation to activate and "continue" my purchase, Hotmail "crashed" (never happened in 5 years I am using it) and it was refusing to open my email... another "sign" the Digital Entity was sending to me, to stop that insane idea to buy that pack.. I didn t listen, instead I changed my email to my secondary Gmail account, and I by-passed the issue... I should have been listening ...

So, final thing is that this "amazing" pack is a collection of games between 1996 and 1998, running in a DOS Box..

So, my first lesson on 2011 is:

1 - Activate your brain before move your hands to get your credit card

2 - Dont trust the "big deal sales" by default, if they are awfully cheap there has to be a reason, just double check first...

3 - When you get "flags" and unusual "signs", stop one second and think twice, someone is just trying to help :)

However, good thing is only 5 bucks.. and if this was my stupid thing to do in 2011, well, i m glad I got rid of it with minimal damage :)

As side note, don t you think it should be forbidden selling games 16 years old considering the modern technology? I am OK with the "old memories" ... but that stuff should be just on a repositary for free.. My 5 bucks could go toward something different :)

The early games may be really old, but Jedi Academy came out in 2000 something.

And Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast was one of my favorite games as a kid.

So yes, I bought the pack, because I've long since lost the CDs to Jedi Academy and Jedi Outcast. Gogo nostalgia games, loved playing them as a kid.

Got Outcast and Academy.... loved both and still play them from time to time. STILL have box and CD's for both.

Played the original darkforces and darkforces 2.... loved it, beat it, Awesomeness back in the day. Fast forward 15 years and I reinstall Darkforces. Can't play it anymore. The installs and runs great. The problem is i can not remap the keys. And the game looks fuzzy

Dark Forces 2.... not fuzzy... pixalated. I think they built it on a modified Quake engine... the first one. and to think that I thought that looked awesome back in the day. i cant play it either cause it just hurts to look at it.

Makes me wonder what we will think of ARMA and ARMA 2 in 10 years.

I still think this is the greatest intro ever to a game...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X3GD0UnBCk