Spartans Home

Steam Sale 31/12

rtr~SPARTA~

I'm looking at the Total War Mega Pack and am intrigued. I've always liked the RTS genre, even though I'm terrible at them. Is there one specific game everyone is playing or is it a bit of all of them in the pack?

Also, is the multiplayer turn-based or real-time?

I'm looking at the Total War Mega Pack and am intrigued. I've always liked the RTS genre, even though I'm terrible at them. Is there one specific game everyone is playing or is it a bit of all of them in the pack?

Also, is the multiplayer turn-based or real-time?

Rome Total War is a bit dated now but still good. I play Medieval II and Empire depending on if I want arrows and swords or muskets and cannon. Mostly Empire as of late (though me an Durka played a round of Medieval a few nights ago)

Multiplayer is mostly real-time battles, but with the release of Napoleon Total War (and I think Empire with a patch) you can also play multiplayer grand campaign, which is turn-based with real-time battles.

Empire also has naval battles, which is something new.

Oh, and you can download the demos for most of these too if you'd like to try out the real-time battle portions before purchasing. Though I think all these sales end today (the 2nd)

The "Empire & Napoleon Total War? - Game of the Year Edition" just went on sale against at 50% off during the encore part of Steam's sale. Just thought I'd let anyone who was interested and missed the first sale.

I might pick up Medieval 2 as well since its only 10 bucks.