Spartans Home

ACE 1.7 - something new I noticed

Batwing~SPARTA~

Well,

Testing a biot the 1.7 I found some new "behaviors" and i think you all keep them in mind before you have bad surprises.

Mostly is related to the Inventory management. More specifically the secondary spot.

1 - Parachute, now it uses the Sec spot. Also it has a weird behavior I will discuss later

2 - Any Backpack will have the weird behavior

3 - There are 2 radios on the list. One is AN/77 and the other one is a VHF radio (can t recall the name right now). This second one had the ability (on 1.6) to be also a backpack, so not only you were able to call for drops, but you we able to pack your goodies in it. This is not happening with the AN/77, however now the "backpack Radio" doesn t work anymore. You can use only the AN/77 which is not allowing to pack and object.

The Weird Behavior

All of the backpacks, when moved from the "on back" location to the "in hand" location, will have you dropping all but your rifle clips you have in the inventory.

Meaning, if you don t know it, you will not have any AT rockets and when you are going to fire it will be empty.

I called it weird behavior because I think is a bug, but maybe someone is trying to "simulate" something here, just I didn t get it.

Another difference I found is when you are using a TWS weapon, when you go from the TWS view to the normal view, it will take 5 seconds (time in which you are blind) for your eyes to "adjust" to the different light.

... I don t know where is this coming from. It was a way to say "thermal makes your life too easy, let "balance" it" ?? However, in real life, my eyes don t take 5 seconds to adjust from one light to another. In my opinion this is just silly but well.. it is what it is.. take it or leave it :)